Home

(IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event

This is a discussion on (IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
(IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event

Quote:
Next up was Madden NFL 25. Now as I said about FIFA 14 earlier, the current-gen version of Madden NFL 25 is good. After playing the next-gen Madden, it almost made me forget about the current game that I am playing right now. The sheer difference in look and feel is night and day. As I've discussed in previous articles, the production team of Madden put lot of work into the presentation and graphics of the upcoming version of Madden. From the details in player models, to the blades of grass coming up on the field as your player makes a hard cut, it was difficult to determine when real NFL football ended and Madden virtual football began.

The game that I played was last week's Monday Night Football matchup between the New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins. As in FIFA, Living Worlds also plays a huge part of Madden NFL 25. The New Orleans was just as rowdy as they are in real-life and as you play, the commentary from Jim Nantz and Phil Simms is almost real-time when they discuss your team's history. Injuries and things that may have happened early in the game. The gameplay is just as good as I was the Saints and in true New Orleans fashion, I threw the ball a lot ... I mean a ton of passing plays. The team played as the Saints and the Dolphins, who may have some of the fastest linebackers and defensive lineman in the league, played very fast. The movement of the players were very smooth and the way the running back in my game just cut and shifted from animation to animation was just awe-inspiring. The biggest part of Madden NFL 25 that was revealed on Thursday is something that EA Sports will roll out next week, but needless to say it will add a another dimension to the game. Check iDigitalTimes next week for word on the newest concept from EA Sports for Madden.
For more:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...-ea-sports.htm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: (IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event

Everyone has their own perspective but the fact that he thinks the current gen game is good does not give me much hope for the next gen game.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Everyone has their own perspective but the fact that he thinks the current gen game is good does not give me much hope for the next gen game.
It definitely seems like the author is more of a casual gamer. I did some Google searches and was only able to find this article discussing the NYC event. It will be interesting if we see some more soon.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

Is Madden 25 current gen really that bad of a game? I have not played it as I sold my PS3 before it was released. No matter how bad or good Madden 25 next gen will be I am buying it day 1 because it will be the only football game on next gen and I am tired of not owning a football video game. And also not sure how much we can really take from this guys preview but he sure sounded like he really liked what he saw at the New York showing. Called the difference between current gen and next gen Night and Day is pretty big words in my opinion. I guess we will all find out very soon

Anyway what ever happens one thing is for sure and that is now is by far the most exciting time to be a video gamer!

Last edited by tnixen; 10-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I'll take this with a grain of salt. The amount of grammar and spelling mistakes make me pause.

As always, I hope he is right though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Who cares about blades of grass lol.. Although that part about Sims and Nantz was good to hear if they fixed commentary that would be a huge improvement.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Hopefully he is not just blowing smoke, and we will see a huge difference between current and next-gen. I'm not too concerned about commentary for year one, as it doesn't really bother me much on current-gen (short of a few super repetitive lines), but if the animation transitions are as smooth as he makes it sound, there is hope yet. Looking forward to hearing the announcement of the "biggest part of Madden" next week.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I'll take this with a grain of salt. The amount of grammar and spelling mistakes make me pause.

As always, I hope he is right though.
It is from a very popular website. Although, I don't know much about the author.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »