Home

which Madden to Purchase?

This is a discussion on which Madden to Purchase? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
which Madden to Purchase?

Ok guys which madden would I want to purchase I'm a big guy for franchise mode, like I still play NFL head coach. But wanted some on field NFL action and wasn't sure what to go with.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: which Madden to Purchase?

Madden 25.
With Charters sliders this game is golden.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
Ok guys which madden would I want to purchase I'm a big guy for franchise mode, like I still play NFL head coach. But wanted some on field NFL action and wasn't sure what to go with.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

M25.

Hands down. CFM is a blast....and can be as immersive as you want it to be. Everything this gen has been sterile and up until 12 was stripped of its soul.

CFM coupled with solid gameplay.....it has not been this good since Madden 2005 and 2007......last gen.

There are a lot of high quality slider sets here at OS....awesome rosters and classic rosters. Find your wheelhouse slider set....and you will be golden.

I would also highly recommend NCAA 14. Deep dynasty mode and gameplay is just as good as M25.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

'12 is the least flawed Madden and has the ability to keep it realistic,the CPU A.I. is very good I think '12 has the best graphics of any Madden game..Costs around $10 I believe at Gamestop.

'25 has physics,for better or worse,overpowered running game.Good sliders are very much needed to make the game play decent.It does have a little better passing and running mechanics.A good patch would go a long way.If you like Owner mode it has that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
'12 is the least flawed Madden and has the ability to keep it realistic,the CPU A.I. is very good I think '12 has the best graphics of any Madden game..Costs around $10 I believe at Gamestop.

'25 has physics,for better or worse,overpowered running game.Good sliders are very much needed to make the game play decent.It does have a little better passing and running mechanics.A good patch would go a long way.If you like Owner mode it has that.

The CPU AI is just as good in M25 as in 12.

Sliders were just as desperately needed in M12 as they are in M25

M12 franchise mode while solid....is sterile, lifeless, and is play now games. The menu interface......lifeless and a pain in the *** to use. You would never know there was an NFL season going on on M12

The passing game in M12 is laughable now compared to M25. Mind you I enjoyed M12 and got 5 seasons in with it.

The running game is Archaic compared to (the overpowered at times) organic and fluid running game of M25. OL/DL interactions are the best they have ever been on M25. No zig zag running.

Tackling feels and looks far more organic in M25.

CFM is far more vibrant....news stories, branching draft story lines, the actual draft presentation is much stronger, XP player development which is highly addicting, scouting is far more fun on M25.

When M12 came out is it was trashed just as bad...if not worse than Madden 25. Seems like bashing Madden whether deserved (M13) or not (M25) is vogue here.

So with all that....I like Madden 12. It is a good game. But if your really looking for a complete package with IMO a far better on the field gameplay and controls and a much more vibrant and immersive franchise mode.....M25 is your game.

I am so happy about M25.....because as much as I enjoyed M12 and even started up a new franchise with Madden 13 rosters....the gameplay and the franchise mode still left a void in me....I could not explain it. It was just apparent that Madden never really hit a homer. This gen.

I feel they finally did with Madden 25. Despite some imperfections and some quirks that an and will be patched....the game plays a heck of a game with the right sliders and approach.

It is a rich package with many modes, lots of things to do In Connected Franchise, and fun...just a lot of fun.

Is it the best sports are ever? Naaaaa. Best football game ever?.....to this point....it's damn close. Things that keep it for being the best football game ever?

Penalties still do not work properly
Presentation not at the level it should be (but the best it has ever been)

But man...it's close. So close.

Roster share is Awesome and will end up taking M25 to new heights you never got with other Madden games.

Anyway...that's my pitch. It's a heck of a game. Which is not vogue to say around here.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Rookie

madden 12 by far is the best for long term franchise experience.

you get everything, complete player control at any time (including position and ratings), working IR, expanded rosters
great game play, great graphics. OS has a top 5 slider set for M12 that are all really great too

absolutely the most fun ive had playing madden franchise mode

13 is probably the worst for franchise (or connected bs whatever)
completely stripped down, very restrictive, its a drag just to navigate the menus
you could not fantasy draft offline (huge deal for me, could not control more than one team)
also 13 had a major salary cap bug that would crash your franchise among alot of other bugs
25 is yet to be seen but so far alot of bugs, including players disapearing from your team, players disapearing on the feild, also ive tried fantasy draft and navigating the menus and the way it is setup can be real frustrating.
and you are still very restricted in what you can/cannot do which is a game breaker for me

13 and 25 are pretty and flashy but 12 was a workhorse, i still play m12 franchise regularly

maybe once we get a working FBG roster with complete draft classes for 25 it will change for me (i am crossing my fingers but not holding my breath)

for me i do not care for all the bells and whistles, i want a good core experience. In that regard m12 delivered where 13 failed and its too early for final judgement on 25 but so far not so good

Last edited by DerekHupp; 09-16-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: which Madden to Purchase?

25 is really a great game. Once you get sliders set, it plays as well or better than 12. I fully expect post patch 25 to be the best game on this gen of consoles and I don't think it will even be close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »