Home

WHAT THE ?!?!

This is a discussion on WHAT THE ?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
WHAT THE ?!?!

In week 4 or my season (I'm the Bills) I traded Jairus Byrd to the 49ers for Culliver and a 6th round pick. One week later the 49ers released Byrd!!!! Makes no sense. They offered the trade to me, why release him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: WHAT THE ?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
In week 4 or my season (I'm the Bills) I traded Jairus Byrd to the 49ers for Culliver and a 6th round pick. One week later the 49ers released Byrd!!!! Makes no sense. They offered the trade to me, why release him?
Make up a story. Use your imagination. Maybe he hit on the owners wife? Maybe he marched with Hernandez. Don't let Madden logic ruin it for you.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

I laugh to myself every time I put a player on the trading block, only to see the team that acquired him put him on the block.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Make up a story. Use your imagination. Maybe he hit on the owners wife? Maybe he marched with Hernandez. Don't let Madden logic ruin it for you.
That's it! Just imagine this is great.

Click your heels and you'll be back in Kansas, Dorothy.

At the rate you would need to use your imagination to overcome the many shortfalls of the game, you would soon be sitting on your couch imagining the entire thing - no controller needed.

This year's Madden has a lot to offer, but it is mostly -once again- unused potential. Things like this just cannot be tolerated any longer. Add to this list: broken (again) auto subs, automatic (never miss) FG kicking, easy 200 yard rushing games, broken sim stats, wonky draft classes, etc, etc.

Yes, a little imagination can go a long way, and the game can still be fun to some extent, but how long have we been giving EA a pass on these oft repeated snafus? The wind meter is still backwards for crying out loud! Let's not even get started on the things that used to work great, but now suddenly don't.

I am still sticking with M25 for now, but the more I play, the less enthralled I become. There are only so many user work arounds you can solve (many with the help of this great community) before you reach the end of your rope and move on to something else.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-14-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
That's it! Just imagine this is great.

Click your heels and you'll be back in Kansas, Dorothy.

At the rate you would need to use your imagination to overcome the many shortfalls of the game, you would soon be sitting on your couch imagining the entire thing - no controller needed.
Before video games, I used to slide player cards -- the sort you get from bubble gum packs -- around on the linoleum floor, then toss a plastic poker chip. If the chip hit the card, the player "caught" the ball. Today's gamers are cranky and spoiled, that's really the bottom line here when all is said and done. Not being nasty, just truthful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Really? I try to take this approach and it's so bad this year that you can't just "imagine it away". I can get over players tripping over eachother... I can't get over the losing team hoisting the lombardi, a loser player getting behind the wheel of an escalade after he takes home the trophy and all the mutant league stats that are generated.

Josh Looman, you aren't reading this because you have no guts but I hope youre proud
Old 09-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Yes, use imagination.
In fact, during tomorrow's live games, just sit with controller in hand and "imagine" we're playing THE most realistic game on the planet..
Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

To all of you that don't like my imagination comment, I feel sorry that you live your life so negatively. You have to take what life (or EA) gives you and make the best of it. You will live a much more fulfilled life (and gaming life) that way.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »