Home

NCAA guy thinking of changing to madden?

This is a discussion on NCAA guy thinking of changing to madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA guy thinking of changing to madden?

I am a long time NCAA online dynasty guy . I haven't owned a copy of Madden since the early 90's . But , with all the bugs and glitches in NCAA I was thinking of making the change . My main reason for doing so is I thank EA will pay more attention to Madden and have its bugs fixed quicker . Here is where I need your help , can someone tell me what "dynasty" is even called in Madden? How many players can play in this "dynasty" ? Is there a lot of difference in NCAA and Madden? Is there any chance of me getting in a good solid Madden "dynasty" here on OS ? Any kind of help would be appreciated .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

Re: NCAA guy thinking of changing to madden?

What you'd look for is probably the Connected Franchise mode, it lets you play as a player, be a coach (basically just being able to control both sides of the ball instead of just one player) and owner, which lets you do that and control things like prices, relocation, etc. you can control the 32 teams if you want as far as I know. There's an offline and online mode for CFM. I play offline most of the time, and so most of my CFMs are owner mode offline. But keep in mind that there are bugs, especially with offline mode according to some members on here. They don't get fixed as fast as online because they typically need patches, whereas online can sometimes be updated server side. I also imagine many will tell you that Madden in general has lots of bugs though, some probably like the NCAA team more. But if you haven't had madden for that long you would probably enjoy the game, the game is really fun to me but I haven't played a Madden since around 09 really. I can't really compare NCAA to Madden but I'd think many might say Madden has more problems but I personally enjoy Madden more than NCAA right now.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedog
What you'd look for is probably the Connected Franchise mode, it lets you play as a player, be a coach (basically just being able to control both sides of the ball instead of just one player) and owner, which lets you do that and control things like prices, relocation, etc. you can control the 32 teams if you want as far as I know. There's an offline and online mode for CFM. I play offline most of the time, and so most of my CFMs are owner mode offline. But keep in mind that there are bugs, especially with offline mode according to some members on here. They don't get fixed as fast as online because they typically need patches, whereas online can sometimes be updated server side. I also imagine many will tell you that Madden in general has lots of bugs though, some probably like the NCAA team more. But if you haven't had madden for that long you would probably enjoy the game, the game is really fun to me but I haven't played a Madden since around 09 really. I can't really compare NCAA to Madden but I'd think many might say Madden has more problems but I personally enjoy Madden more than NCAA right now.

Thanks man , come guys 97 views and only one of you can help me out?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

I can't recommend this game to even my enemies. I'd played both and I'd stick with NCAA 14. Madden just doesnt work like it should, and NCAA feels more playable.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
I can't recommend this game to even my enemies. I'd played both and I'd stick with NCAA 14. Madden just doesnt work like it should, and NCAA feels more playable.

wow , really ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Rookie

If your problem is with bugs and glitches than you absolutely should not switch to Madden.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Not even trying to be rude but you are taking a step down NCAA is the better of the 2 games this year.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been more of an NCAA guy the last few years, but I'm enjoying them both so far this year. They both have issues, no argument there, but I'd say get both. Might be the last NCAA for awhile, (at least in a form we know it), & Madden 25 is one of their better efforts in a while (granted, not saying much in some cases). It's nice to finally get my pro fix in.

I however recommend staying out of the bugs & glitches thread. You'll enjoy it (both actually) much more. Take it for what it is, a football game, & there's enough to keep you occupied. I used to be in there alot myself, but aside from wanting to know about something game-breaking/halting, I've got to say I've enjoyed the game much more by NOT over analyzing every little thing. Yes, it really can use a patch, but it's still very playable.

I give credit to Armour & Sword on this one, as I noticed he mentioned that on his sliders thread. It's been much more fun playing the games than sitting around tweaking it for hours on end (well, I spent a few doing it, but not anywhere near like I used to).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »