Home

Browns Head Coaching Change & Schemes

This is a discussion on Browns Head Coaching Change & Schemes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Browns Head Coaching Change & Schemes

I've been waiting to start a new Browns CCM until their coaching situation had been finalized. I intend on retiring Shurmur after the first season and creating Rob Chudzinski. But now that they've hired their new coach and coordinators, I find myself with some questions.

I've read that Norv Turner is going to be in charge of the offensive playcalling. When I pick my new playbook, should I roll with the Chargers or the Panthers playbook.

I've also been reading that new DC Ray Horton says they're run a 3-4 next year, but Chudzinski seems to think they'll run some sort of hybrid. I'm pretty sure the Cardinals defensive playbook is strictly 3-4. Do I go with the Cardinals playbook or choose one of the Hybrid Defenses. And if so, which one should I choose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Browns Head Coaching Change & Schemes

They will probably run a hybrid next year simply due to the fact that it is almost impossible to take a 4-3 defense and change a few personnel and become a 3-4. There will probably be 1-2 years where they run a hybrid that is primarily a 3-4 set.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't see them running a 3-4 no matter what they say. Rubin & Taylor are the only tackles that would fit a 3-4 defense and I'm not yet convinced that one of them could really play a 3-4 DE. They would have to move Sheard back to OLB, what about Rucker? Who would play next to Jackson at ILB? I just don't see it. They do have the OLB's with Gocong and Fujita (if he resigns) but all the others are hardly 3-4 material.

The defense is about the only thing that actually doesn't require rebuilding, just more depth.

Last edited by vicaddict; 01-27-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the input, but you really didn't answer my question. I was looking for some help trying to figure out what playbooks I should use for season 2 of my Browns CCM and to figure out which schemes I should go with.

Panthers or Chargers playbook for offense?
Cardinals or Hybrid Defense playbook for defense?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

The defense is about the only thing that actually doesn't require rebuilding
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i would go with the charger's playbook because the coach said he wanted a vertical passing offense and norv being the OC now makes sense. and far as defense i heard they wanna be a hybrid but also heard they may stay a 4-3 horton hasent made his mind up yet and being that their defense is mainly built for 3-4. is there a hybrid defense in madden??? or would that be the muilti defense playbook? i have mine set up as chargers offense, cards defense.

Last edited by azdawgpound; 01-28-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

I am sooooo happy you started this topic. Huge browns fan here, and I am on like my 5th iteration of the com you are attempting.

Offense: vertical offense play book : San Diego
Norv Turner is our DC, so this is logical. Additionally this PB makes your offense better from day one. It takes advantage of having 2 big wr Gordon and little, and gets tremendous value out of Ben Watson since it calls for a vertical threat tight end. Plenty of power run plays for TR in here will set you up for easy downfield completions with BW. Carolina's O play book, while a logical fit with the chud theme doesn't make quite as efficient use of our talent. Ben Watson will literally set the world on fire, but there are also multiple te sets catch the D off guard with Ben Watson. Adding a superstar TE in the draft to form a 1-2 combo with Watson is incredible.

Check the San Diego page in the madden connected careers manual to get a general idea of what the scheme demands by position and use it as a template. One thing I strongly encourage is finding a guard with decent speed and accell to play LG. Your power runs to the right (I formation) will be deadly with an adequate puller at LG and a decent FB.

Next post will explain the D
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

WOW, my huge post on D didn't submit, and I lost like 4 neat paragraphs...

I will try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »