Home

Getting fired as coach in CCM?

This is a discussion on Getting fired as coach in CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Getting fired as coach in CCM?

I had a great head coach CCM going with the Cowboys. In my sixth year, rebuilding the team from T to B, cut Romo the first year and had a nice young qb in the making. Also traded away the veteran's early for picks for cap space to snag free agents. Got a great rb in the Draft and I was having some fun. Young team, competing, making the playoffs and never had a losing season. Things were looking great!

Then, the train wreck. We go 9-7 and make it to the playoffs. Win in the wild card round but lose in the divisional round. I get fired.... This team I have built and have gotten to the point in which we might be a real contender. I get canned before I can even see the results of what I built!

I eventually got over this, thinking okay. I can rebuild another team and just pick it up where I left off. Next thing I know the only option I have is to retire!

Is there no way to get another job here??? And how do I get fired without ever having a losing record?? If so then this is terrible flawed. Has anyone else had issues with this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

Re: Getting fired as coach in CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm12471
I had a great head coach CCM going with the Cowboys. In my sixth year, rebuilding the team from T to B, cut Romo the first year and had a nice young qb in the making. Also traded away the veteran's early for picks for cap space to snag free agents. Got a great rb in the Draft and I was having some fun. Young team, competing, making the playoffs and never had a losing season. Things were looking great!

Then, the train wreck. We go 9-7 and make it to the playoffs. Win in the wild card round but lose in the divisional round. I get fired.... This team I have built and have gotten to the point in which we might be a real contender. I get canned before I can even see the results of what I built!

I eventually got over this, thinking okay. I can rebuild another team and just pick it up where I left off. Next thing I know the only option I have is to retire!

Is there no way to get another job here??? And how do I get fired without ever having a losing record?? If so then this is terrible flawed. Has anyone else had issues with this??

Yeah i had the same sort of thing except because I couldn't win the S.B 3 years in a row! lol. I just re-loaded my last save and went in and turned off firing coaches. That's assuming you are playing an offline ccm of course
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

I am playing in an offline CCM. And my goal was in fact win the super bowl. I just don't see how you are supposed to have a lengthy coaching career if you get fired and can't get on with another team afterwards.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
I am playing in an offline CCM. And my goal was in fact win the super bowl. I just don't see how you are supposed to have a lengthy coaching career if you get fired and can't get on with another team afterwards.
Ask Lovie Smith..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Lovie Smith will get another job though surely. I just think if you get fired you should be able to continue that coach career and not have to restart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Lovie Smith will get another job though surely. I just think if you get fired you should be able to continue that coach career and not have to restart
You could create a new coach, or recreate your other one and keep going, though I would LOVE to see this feature built upon with coordinators a la NCAA Football's coaching carousel in the future.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
You could create a new coach, or recreate your other one and keep going, though I would LOVE to see this feature built upon with coordinators a la NCAA Football's coaching carousel in the future.

So, in offline CCM when you get fired your giving the option to continue that CCM just as a different coach or etc? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I just wish I could get hired on a new team with my same coach instead of creating a new one

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »