Home

Sim rules for madden 14

This is a discussion on Sim rules for madden 14 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
Sim rules for madden 14

Can we please get fair play back for madden 14.? Also how about a simulation lobby for ranked games?This would cut out the cheese in normal ranked games.
I feel that us sim players are a dying breed.I like the ideal of ranked games,But madden in its current state only has 1 type of ranked game and that's quick match.we need a sim quick match option with sim rules to cut the cheese.your thought s please...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sim rules for madden 14

I'm all for bringing back fair play rules but making them less restrictive than they were before. My proposal:

1. 4th and 2 or shorter anywhere on the field at anytime - Full playbook open
2. 4th and 6 or longer inside the 50 yard line - Punt OR Field Goal (Don't restrict to one or the other)
3. 4th and 5 or shorter inside the 50 yard line - Full playbook open
4. Any 4th down inside of 5 minutes remaining or down by 21 points or more - Full playbook open
5. All other 4th downs Punt only
6. In all Punt and Field Goal situations fake's are available (Don't remove the element of surprise)
7. 2 point conversions are always available (There is no way Madden would get the 2 point chart correct)
8. Surprise onside kicks available anytime (Only once per half though, assuming they brought it back)
9. Lining up for onside kick only allowed in final 5 minutes or down by 21 points (Same as 4th downs)

That is all. I like the concept of Fair Play rules, but I also want some freedom as the coach of my team to be unconventional at times.

I think these rules would allow for a little of both. Sure some would abuse it and go for every 4th down possible and always go for 2, but at least they would be forced to punt when a team would never do anything but punt and they couldn't onside kick it after every score.

Plus, this would be a great addition to CCM to help unify how a league plays and get everyone on the same page. Maybe they could even make the rules customizable and really let us play how we want while keeping a level playing field.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

leave the game exactly asis for freedom. Just make sim lobbys
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

If you really want sim restrictions (I personally don't), I would simply say "You are only allowed to go for it on 4th down on your opponent's side of the 50, if losing by any amount in the 2nd half, or inside the 2 minute warning."

What I think they really need are to track more stats and let people see them before accepting matches.

# of times attempted 4th down conversions / 4th down conversion %
% of times player goes for 2
% of times player attempts onside kick
etc

Basically a scouting report not unlike what you'd see in the real NFL. If that's too much info, they could just condense it to an "aggressiveness index" which would be placed right next to a player's w-l and disconnect %
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am jovial with sense of hospitality and humour. Like walking under rain and sunshine.Seeking for a relationship that can last for a better future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
That is all. I like the concept of Fair Play rules, but I also want some freedom as the coach of my team to be unconventional at times.
Exactly - real life isn't done strictly "by the book" or by "conventional wisdom".

Besides, if sim means realistic - there's no rules in the game against any of fair play banned things.

As far as cheese - to me, that's more the flawed game engine that needs to be taken care off instead of inventing new rules of football and not addressing the flawed game engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »