Home

Good redzone plays?

This is a discussion on Good redzone plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Good redzone plays?

Hi, I have quite a few problems scoring touchdowns when I'm in the red-zone. This is not a problem I have in other situations, though. But when I get close to the goal line my run plays usually get stopped about one yard before the line, or my pass plays either are incomplete or get intercepted every once in a while.
In consequence, about 3 out of 4 times I have to settle for a FG when in the red-zone.
Any general advice, or maybe plays that work especially well in the red-zone? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Good redzone plays?

Well the obvious money plays for me are outside runs to an open side (like Power O, Stretches or Tosses out of Twins formations, even better out of I-Twins since you got a lead blocker), with a speedy back if they don't committ to the side you're running to it's basically a guaranteed TD but can feel a little cheap.

In general, what works everywhere else still works in the redzone, you just have to be more careful and precise. TEs on streaks or curls can be gold if they don't get jammed and are precise with your passes, a great pass-catcher can come down with the ball basically every time.

I like crossing drag routes too, but of course they often involve the risk of throwing it short of the endzone so they are risky on 3rd & goal. Never got the hang of throwing fades right but I know some people can absolutely kill you throwing fades to outside WRs.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Banned

cpic1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
Hi, I have quite a few problems scoring touchdowns when I'm in the red-zone. This is not a problem I have in other situations, though. But when I get close to the goal line my run plays usually get stopped about one yard before the line, or my pass plays either are incomplete or get intercepted every once in a while.
In consequence, about 3 out of 4 times I have to settle for a FG when in the red-zone.
Any general advice, or maybe plays that work especially well in the red-zone? Thanks!
That's Ram football man. Get in the red zone, run 3 plays, kick a FG
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Goal line fades are good too if u have a receiver with good route and high spc that's tall he can hop up all day and grab em
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Well the obvious money plays for me are outside runs to an open side (like Power O, Stretches or Tosses out of Twins formations, even better out of I-Twins since you got a lead blocker), with a speedy back if they don't committ to the side you're running to it's basically a guaranteed TD but can feel a little cheap.

In general, what works everywhere else still works in the redzone, you just have to be more careful and precise. TEs on streaks or curls can be gold if they don't get jammed and are precise with your passes, a great pass-catcher can come down with the ball basically every time.

I like crossing drag routes too, but of course they often involve the risk of throwing it short of the endzone so they are risky on 3rd & goal. Never got the hang of throwing fades right but I know some people can absolutely kill you throwing fades to outside WRs.
Thanks for the advice. I already tried the outside runs, but Richardson (I'm playing the Browns) seems to be too slow. Thing with the passing plays is that either my TE is blocked too well and I can't target him in the open or the defense blitzes me before I can throw the ball ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpic1
That's Ram football man. Get in the red zone, run 3 plays, kick a FG
Yeah, I know. But in this case I'm playing the Browns ...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
Thanks for the advice. I already tried the outside runs, but Richardson (I'm playing the Browns) seems to be too slow. Thing with the passing plays is that either my TE is blocked too well and I can't target him in the open or the defense blitzes me before I can throw the ball ...
Richardson should be fine, honestly. If you're inside the 5 they usually counter any I-Formation with a GL defense, if you call Power O, Stretch or Toss out of I-Twins that's basically undefendable (and therefore cheap)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i use the browns and dont have no problem using richardson in redzone if im @ the 1 i useally call i-form browns zone wk set my fb to block the lb and its like taking candy ffrom a baby easy td or else i form iso and be agressive run it straight @ them. now if im around say 5 or so i'll call hb sweep from far formation or Y post and throw it to T-RICH out the backfield... or from strong formation in pro hb toss crack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »