Home

Awareness and QB's?

This is a discussion on Awareness and QB's? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Awareness and QB's?

Anyone know how AWR affects QB's when they are being controlled by a human, and not the CPU? I understand what it will do when a QB is CPU controlled, or when games are simmed.... sensing pressure, throwing into coverage, etc. But I can't figure out how it helps when it's user controlled.

Any ideas? I just started an online CCM and have RG3. He has very low AWR (in the 60's, ugh. why?) and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it to upgrade or not..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Awareness and QB's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
Anyone know how AWR affects QB's when they are being controlled by a human, and not the CPU? I understand what it will do when a QB is CPU controlled, or when games are simmed.... sensing pressure, throwing into coverage, etc. But I can't figure out how it helps when it's user controlled.

Any ideas? I just started an online CCM and have RG3. He has very low AWR (in the 60's, ugh. why?) and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it to upgrade or not..
It seems to me that QB awareness can come into play in their passes, more specifically, when throwing to the sidelines.

In my CCM with the Bears, I had Jay Cutler's short, middle, and deep accuracy all to 99, 98 throw power, and awareness in the 80's at the time. There's a play out of the wide triple shotgun formation I like to run called PA WR-IN that sends the outside receiver (#1) on a slant/post to the middle and the slot receiver (#3) on an outside wheel route. I like to look off the safety over the top coverage by pumping to the #1 receiver and hitting the #3 slot receiver on the wheel route up the sideline. Sometimes, when I threw to this receiver, I'd overthrow his route still either over his head or he would catch it out of bounds (this is using a 90+ awareness receiver with the 'feet in bounds' trait).

Now that I've bumped Cutler's awareness to 99, I rarely (maybe a few times a season) see the same overthrown passes. If the receiver doesn't catch the ball, it's because he didn't go up to make the catch which, by the way, is happening a lot more to me since yesterday.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempseylicious23
It seems to me that QB awareness can come into play in their passes, more specifically, when throwing to the sidelines.

In my CCM with the Bears, I had Jay Cutler's short, middle, and deep accuracy all to 99, 98 throw power, and awareness in the 80's at the time. There's a play out of the wide triple shotgun formation I like to run called PA WR-IN that sends the outside receiver (#1) on a slant/post to the middle and the slot receiver (#3) on an outside wheel route. I like to look off the safety over the top coverage by pumping to the #1 receiver and hitting the #3 slot receiver on the wheel route up the sideline. Sometimes, when I threw to this receiver, I'd overthrow his route still either over his head or he would catch it out of bounds (this is using a 90+ awareness receiver with the 'feet in bounds' trait).

Now that I've bumped Cutler's awareness to 99, I rarely (maybe a few times a season) see the same overthrown passes. If the receiver doesn't catch the ball, it's because he didn't go up to make the catch which, by the way, is happening a lot more to me since yesterday.

I don't think awareness has anything to do with that, that's accuracy. Awareness applies to the cpu I believe. To be aware of pressure and getting rid of the ball or running.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend24
I don't think awareness has anything to do with that, that's accuracy. Awareness applies to the cpu I believe. To be aware of pressure and getting rid of the ball or running.

Since day one, AWR has meant NOTHING to a human controlled QB EXCEPT when you sim. If you always play and never sim, draft for physical talent and ignore AWR.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah then I guess it's just self-fulfilling prophecy for me.

I believe it therefore it must be true eh? Oh well I was hoping it did something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Someone said it affects the amount of time between when the controller stars vibrating and the d-line breaks through. Haven't tested myself other than playing a ccm with Pryor as my QB (AWR in the 40s) and there is basically no time between the vibration and the sack for him.

Sent with Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Onslaught76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushdown
Someone said it affects the amount of time between when the controller stars vibrating and the d-line breaks through. Haven't tested myself other than playing a ccm with Pryor as my QB (AWR in the 40s) and there is basically no time between the vibration and the sack for him.

Sent with Tapatalk
That's interesting...I'm gonna have to check that out.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
MVP

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
It makes sense really

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »