Home

If you were a GM!

This is a discussion on If you were a GM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

RabidPanther's Arena

OVR: 0
If you were a GM!

Everybody's input is welcome, more the merrier!

If you were to become a GM for one of the following teams; which one would you choose and why? How would you go about building the choosen team? Who would you build it around? What moves would you make? All in all, who would you choose and what would be on your agenda first day in the office?

Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
St. Louis Rams
Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: If you were a GM!

I don't know the roster of any of these teams so I can't give any input.

Probably the Raiders so I could have a nice house in Cali, date a famous person, and smoke medicinal all day.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Is this speaking in terms of Madden or in real life? Either way, I would choose the Browns. I'm from the Bay Area so I have no affiliation with Cleveland, but winning a championship in Cleveland would just be the greatest feeling ever. It's one thing to win a championship, it's a whoooole other to win one in Cleveland. I actually think Weeden is a competent QB, I would just get him to release the ball faster (bad pocket presence) and the defense is one notch below elite. Haden and Sheldon Brown is one of the best CB tandems in the league, D'Qwell Jackson is a top 5 ILB and guys like Phil Taylor and Jabaal Sheard can wreak havoc. Trent Richardson will come into his own eventually, so I wouldn't be worried about that, but the first thing I would do as Cleveland's GM is field offers for Greg Little. The guy just can't catch, and as a receiver, that's unacceptable. I would probably trade Little to any team for a 4th and a 6th, but I'd have to look to outside options in order to replace him. Ideally, I'd look for a bigger considering we already have a possession receiver in Mohammad Massaquoi and a speedster/flex RB in Travis Benjamin. Perhaps someone that doesn't have too much value, because our draft picks are going to be pretty valuable lol. If I was feeling reallyyyy bold, I might offer a 1st and a 3rd to Philly for Jeremy Maclin, but I doubt they would accept that trade. More realistically, I would go for a Steve-Breaston type that I could acquire with a late pick and perhaps sign...gulp...Plaxico Burress in FA. That would give me a WR core of Breaston (great complementary receiver), Massaquoi (good possession receiver), Plaxico (big receiver, great red-zone target), and Benjamin (speedster, potential deep threat). Not great but then again miles better than Norwood and Little haha. Either way, no matter what, I would look to draft one of USC's WR's in the first round of the draft (Marqise Lee/Robert Woods), so I could finally have a no. 1 receiver on the roster. Then, finally, I would have the blueprint for success: An elite defense with a quarterback that can move the ball, and an RB that can move the chains/score touchdowns.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

EvolutionSn1per's Arena

I would choose the Bills. I believe that they are a team with great potential, and could even be a Super Bowl team in a few years.
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - New Jersey Devils
F1 - Red Bull F1 Racing
Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Dolphins or Browns have the most interesting history to me.

I think I would want a team that doesn't have a solid identity already. Some teams you have less flexibility to change the team concept because of contracts that are in place already.

I like the Browns roster. Easy to let go of most anyone there, but some real talent that could be useful. Trent Richardson is a good building block for just about any team. Joe Haden as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Browns. i they have alot of young talented guys. trent richardson to build off of for offense, and haden to build the defense with. you could pretty much start your own regime in Cleveland.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

What exactly does "build around a player" mean anyways?

I mean if somebody says "I'm going to build around my HB" that means getting a good run blocking OL. But defensively, how do you build around a player?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidPanther
Everybody's input is welcome, more the merrier!

If you were to become a GM for one of the following teams; which one would you choose and why? How would you go about building the choosen team? Who would you build it around? What moves would you make? All in all, who would you choose and what would be on your agenda first day in the office?

Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
St. Louis Rams
Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I would choose the Titans. Jake Locker would be the guy I would build around. He's young and I believe is an 83 overall in CCM. He should develop pretty well and he's simply fun to use. Strong, fast, great arm... He's far from a sure thing but he's one of the most enticing QB's to use in the game.

As GM, I would look to bolster the defense and the offensive line. There are some nice pieces in place with Locker, Britt, the rookie WR from Baylor (his name is escaping me), Cook, and a few other nice pieces on offense. Chris Johnson is still rated very high in Madden, so you could resurrect his career or look to move him for draft picks... You'll make your money in the draft though, and picking up some smart free agents. I am usually a fan of signing rookie FA's who have decent overalls and a respectable development trait.

Tennessee would be fun to use... I've always thought getting Oakland back to prominence would be pretty fun as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »