Home

I need defensive help, it's so horrible.....

This is a discussion on I need defensive help, it's so horrible..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

Plache's Arena

OVR: 1
I need defensive help, it's so horrible.....

I can score by the buckedload most games, but for the life of me I can't stop anybody's offense. Sure I'll get a lucky pick here and there, but to stop a drive (especially a hurry-up) is almost impossible. Man coverage doesn't work, players don't cover their proper zones.....It's not like I'm a newb at Madden, I've been playing it since the very first one came out for PCs eons ago....to the Genesis/SNES era all the way to now. Never have I had this trouble with defense. Anyone care to give me a clue? I'd sure appreciate it....thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I need defensive help, it's so horrible.....

What team are you using? I've had a lot of success running man defense with my CCM 49ers. I noticed that for man to work you want fast CB's that can keep up. Also, make sure they have good MCV and PRS ratings. I don't blitz often and with the safeties helping over the top I'm hard to beat.

Good Luck.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

It's just the way Madden plays this year. It's very offensive heavy. Best thing to do is run two man under until they get into your redzone then switch to zone (Cover 2 sink, or Cover 4 always control the MLB) and hope you get a pick in the redzone. Outside of that there is no real sim way to stop a good player. You have to start dropping DEs into coverage and/or nano blitz.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

You have to remember that you're not playing a real game of football. Your opponent will run the same plays 3 times in a quarter, pass 80% of the time, random hurry up offenses and go for it on 4th down. Either you can play a real defense or a cheesy type defense.

I'm assuming you're talking about online, and since I don't really play online I can't be of much help.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Banned

Plache's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostress81
What team are you using? I've had a lot of success running man defense with my CCM 49ers. I noticed that for man to work you want fast CB's that can keep up. Also, make sure they have good MCV and PRS ratings. I don't blitz often and with the safeties helping over the top I'm hard to beat.

Good Luck.
Been an Eagles fan for about 31 years......so that's the team I use...always. DRC and Nnmandi should be able to cover just about anyone, but they can't....ah, it's just frustrating when you call a run blitz to the side that a run goes to, and get burned.....put your linebackers in a zone that should stop those TE passes in the middle of the field, only to have them drift so far away from their responsibility that it's just too easy...Defense is so broken online......thanks all for the responses!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I mean as far as the hurry up have a variance of audibles. I am struggling too my nickle strong blitzes out of the 46 pb used to work as nanos used to work now Im trying too figure out 3-4 via the Ravens PB its been a struggle and my stick skill is worse cause I just picke di back up after like 9 months.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
MVP

prey2god's Arena

You didn't mention against who? CPU or human?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Banned

Run a lot if two man under using a team that has fast cornerbacks and you'll be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »