Home

What happened to "fairplay" in online playnow?

This is a discussion on What happened to "fairplay" in online playnow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What happened to "fairplay" in online playnow?

Now, I cant remember which Madden it was, but I remember they had a feature called "fairplay", which basically meant that when you were playing a ranked online match, the other player could not go for it on 4th and whatever on their side of the field. They had to punt. That was the only option. Why is that not featured in Madden 13. I'm so tired of guys going for it on 4th and 10 on their 35 yard line just to not get it and rage quit. Fair play eliminated that. They need to make a better version of fairplay. IDK, this game has so many issues, its crazy. The gameplay is the best yet, but the poorly executed CCM and lack of player edits, no ranked lobbies, no fairplay for playnow, seems this game is geared toward the hackers and glitchers. The nano blitzers and no huddle all game guys may love this madden. Those of us who like a lil bit of realism to our online ranked games our just S.O.L.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What happened to "fairplay" in online playnow?

Several threads on this throughout the site.

Here's one of them that I found using the search function.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ck-madden.html
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Bc it should be their choice to go for it or not. Regardless of how good that thought was. There is no rule in football that says one must punt on 4th down inside their own 50. They have 4 downs it's up to you to stop them. If you do and they quit then just find another game
Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg2010
Bc it should be their choice to go for it or not. Regardless of how good that thought was. There is no rule in football that says one must punt on 4th down inside their own 50. They have 4 downs it's up to you to stop them. If you do and they quit then just find another game
You say that but fairplay has to be implemented because of all the flaws with the game. Exploits and glitches exist so the only way to balance it out is with fairplay.

For example, no team in football runs a no huddle and calls,the same play over and over. Because madden has,bad A.I. a person could that and the opposing defense cant stop it. Thats not NFL football. Which EA claims,madden to be. That is Blitz or Street.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theylie
You say that but fairplay has to be implemented because of all the flaws with the game. Exploits and glitches exist so the only way to balance it out is with fairplay.

For example, no team in football runs a no huddle and calls,the same play over and over. Because madden has,bad A.I. a person could that and the opposing defense cant stop it. Thats not NFL football. Which EA claims,madden to be. That is Blitz or Street.
Any play can be stopped with the right play call and a good user and good adjustments. I'm not disagreeing with you bc you are right in the fact that madden has bad ai and people tend to take advantage of it, but I do disagree with games taking away choice. Im pretty sure they did away with FairPlay bc it was not popular with fans, only a minority liked it, and that was mainly the ppeople who would stop someone on 3rd and then their opponent would get it on 4th. I'm all for a more sim game but I also know that going for it on 4th down is apart of football. Even though you never see it on Sunday's if they choose to go for it then make them pay. 4 downs not 3 and punt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theylie
Now, I cant remember which Madden it was, but I remember they had a feature called "fairplay", which basically meant that when you were playing a ranked online match, the other player could not go for it on 4th and whatever on their side of the field. They had to punt. That was the only option. Why is that not featured in Madden 13. I'm so tired of guys going for it on 4th and 10 on their 35 yard line just to not get it and rage quit.
guess you missed the game last night when Jason Garett did exactly that, in the very first quarter of the game....

4th and 1 at NYG 37 L.Vickers left guard to NYG 37 for no gain (A.Rolle, K.Rivers).

thats so unrealistic i hope his online rank went down

do you also want the inability to call an onsides kick at any time other than within the final 2 minutes of a game too, cause its not realistic?

Saints basically turned the tides of supberbowl 44 by doing it on the 2nd half kickoff.
but "fair play" wouldnt even allow it.

Last edited by eival; 09-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
guess you missed the game last night when Jason Garett did exactly that, in the very first quarter of the game....

4th and 1 at NYG 37 L.Vickers left guard to NYG 37 for no gain (A.Rolle, K.Rivers).

thats so unrealistic i hope his online rank went down

do you also want the inability to call an onsides kick at any time other than within the final 2 minutes of a game too, cause its not realistic?

Saints basically turned the tides of supberbowl 44 by doing it on the 2nd half kickoff.
but "fair play" wouldnt even allow it.

yes,but they didnt do it 8 more times after that like dimb kids online
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxredskins
yes,but they didnt do it 8 more times after that like dimb kids online
But it still shows that you should be able to go for it on 4th down if you want too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »