Home

A thread for people enjoying the game

This is a discussion on A thread for people enjoying the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A thread for people enjoying the game

I think we need a thread that people can actually say they enjoy this game. There is so much negative about this on the site right now. I get that the game is not perfect and needs improvement in some areas, but literally complaining about everything in the game does not make it more enjoyable.

I personally love the CCM mode. XP has me actually practicing every week and trying to get better. I track all the individual goals for players and it makes everything feel a little more involved and real, rather than just a win or loss with no resulting feedback.

Mid season renegotiations on contracts are amazing, and again, adds a sense of realism.

The in game product is also a MASSIVE improvement. Teams actually use the run game, and players generally act like they do in real life. Yes some slider tweeks are needed, but it took me a day to change them to reflect how I play the game and I"m extremely happy with the results.

I'd just like to see a positive post on here once in a while. Anyone share my thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A thread for people enjoying the game

I'm loving it so far...

To be honest i've usually been able to kill the CPU on All-Madden...but this year i've found it to be a bit harder..which I love!

Yeah there are some things that need improvement...but for me the game is WAY BETTER than last years version! WAY BETTER!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll tell you this, I really enjoy it. Aside from the few small glitches like the Man cover glitch if you play as a DL, and the progression issue that I've been ranting about in another thread, I think its easily the best Madden I've played. I've been playing since the mid to early 90's too. Visually to me, it looks great, love the infinity engine, love the new commentary, love the new passing, the new D, CCM is nice, except for the progression issue and not being able to edit. I thought that would really kill things for me, and it does bother me, but all in all once you start playing it, it does the job, and does it well.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

I am having a blast with the game.

After some false starts, I am going to scan my face and put it on the coach (I think I can do that ) and manage my team while I am at work. . On a side note I picked up Terrell Owens (against my better judgement) for the Niners but he is using # 80 which is not cool!

I have to say I only play Madden during football season. Once it is over I stop playing until the next years game comes out. I believe this prevents burn out. I just move on to NBA 2k..

Have fun with the game guys, I know I am !

Last edited by Brian_OS; 08-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Having a blast playing online with my 49ers (retail) and cant wait for more competition to come thru the gates tonight/tomorrow.

I really have high hopes for my online franchises and communities and just having a ball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah the actual gameplay is as fun as I can remember in forever. Really feels like an organic NFL season which is awesome. My biggest frustration so far was that in preseason I had a monster game with Cory Wooton, where had 4 sacks but only earned 975 xp when his milestone said he should get 2000. Anyone else have something similar happen? It kind of ruined the preseason for me which I was super excited to play for the chance to level up my guys. Otherwise its awesome. Being able to control my team on the web is also outstanding.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm currently playing on All-Pro (slow) with default sliders! The only changes I've made is to the speed threshold (35) and to the auto subs. I have fatigue at 70 and I'm seeing subs and I even used my 3rd halfback.

I know there are issues that should get patched, but that being said...I'm loving this game. Not to mention, I had a a pass interference penalty last game. I know that this should not be a big deal, however it's nice to see in the game.

For years at OS so many people complained about not have real time physics in the game, and it's finally here and they are still complaining. Sure, I've seen so funny things happen, but man does it sure add to the game. I love watching HB's bouncing of tackles, stubbing and trying to regain their balance.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

LOVING the game this year. Iv'e actually stayed FAR away from the Madden forums this year. Sick and tired of the constant moaning and complaining from everyone about everything.

CCM is ADDICTING, I can't tear myself away from it. Awesome thread!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »