Home

Team goals are Tough!

This is a discussion on Team goals are Tough! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Team goals are Tough!

Not sure who thought of this feature but wow, how is my 6 WR gonna get 80 catches in a year let alone my top 2 receivers going to get 110 a piece. My 2nd and 3rd RBs getting Crazy amounts of yards for there goals? MLBs needing 125 a piece to meet there season expectations, WTH. 2nd and 3rd string QBs needing 4500 yards in a year not gonna happen with my 1st let alone my 2nd and 3rd. Way to tough to reach these IMO, Just nuts....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Team goals are Tough!

Are these really the goals????
Old 08-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

THey are the max goals for the players that you get the most XP for. You get certain xp for different increments on the way there. It shouldn't be easy to reach the top level of goals as far as xp goes.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

The biggest problem I have with this, is the goals for a 4th and 5th WR, or 3rd string RB are the same as those for starters for the most part. Sure, in theory that makes sense, but what it actually does is not allow for the progression of your backups, because, well, they just aren't going to earn any points to allow you to progress them. But, everyone knows players in the real NFL still progress through practice, and coaching. Guys that sit on the bench, do still develop, just not in Madden because you'll never be able to earn them any points. Kind of ridiculous really. Thats my biggest issue with the goals, and xp related progression.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

There are different tiers to the goals and the ones he is putting out is the 4th Tier (Max).

However, you only have to get Tier 2 goals to avoid being fired (coach) or regressing.

I know for my Tier 2 goal as an Undrafted WR, is too make only 1 Catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I think a good solution to the progression for backups would be based on your coach ratings, every player should get some xp each week based on the coaching they are receiving from the HC, OC, or DC. Not alot, but at least something so that they can still progress, even it its only a little bit each year, rather than just sitting idle, because they are out there practicing, being coached etc, etc, so they should be improving slightly.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
There are different tiers to the goals and the ones he is putting out is the 4th Tier (Max).

However, you only have to get Tier 2 goals to avoid being fired (coach) or regressing.

I know for my Tier 2 goal as an Undrafted WR, is too make only 1 Catch.
How do you see the different tier goals for each player?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
How do you see the different tier goals for each player?
Go to the "More" section. Go to "Strategy" (I think) and you'll find Team Goals. Select whatever you want to see their goals and click "A" (Xbox) or "X" (PS3). You can then use the LB and RB buttons to move between Weekly Goals, Milestones, and Season Goals.

The Season goals is where you will see the 4 Different Tiers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »