Home

HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

This is a discussion on HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

Update #1 (info from PM sent to me from EA Sports Community Manager EmmdotFrisk)

It appears that the bug is triggered by pressing down on the RS immediately after the snap, regardless of your position. Because "user jump snap" has been removed, there could be an issue that is triggering run commit with right stick only.

Update #2: Some gamers have found that Pressing LS in any direction BEFORE using RS to shed blocks eliminates the bug. I personally have had mixed results with this method. I feel that it works better if you only use LS (not RS) until you engage a blocker. Once you are blocked you can use RS and usually this won't trigger the bug. While this is not fool proof, it allows you to still control DE or DT and avoid the glitch for the most part. I hope this helps.

Short summary: There is a bug in M13 where the CPU randomly makes your CBs run commit. This happens 5-10 times per game. If the CPU passes on these plays it usually results in a TD since the CPU WRs have a huge head start. Sliders cannot fix the bug. The only known workaround it to pass commit on every play.

Long version:

There is a HUGE man coverage bug in Madden 13 that is ruining the experience. Every 5 or 6 pass plays all of my CBs take 3-4 steps toward the QB before retreating and trying to catch up to the now wide open WR. This results in 2-4 easy TDs for the CPU per game. When this bug happens all of my CBs synchronize and run toward the QB at the same time.

I am seeing this on the Season Ticket version of the game. I am not telling the CBs to do anything different such as press, play run, etc. I simply call man coverage and they act like morons. It happens to all of my CBs, even high rated players like Champ Bailey.

Edit #1: This happens on normal pass plays, not on PA passes.

I have played with the pass reaction sliders and it does NOT resolve the issue. I have tried every difficulty and I even deleted the game and re-downloaded it.

Here is a video where my two CBs run toward the QB and leave both CPU WRs wide open. It isn't even halftime in this game and the CPU already has 3 TD passes due to this bug.

Edit #2:

I have been doing some more testing and I am 99% certain that the computer somehow tells your team to commit to the run. When I manually make the pre-snap commit to run adjustment my CBs do the same animation.

In summary, the CPU commandeers control your CBs and makes them aggressively jump the run. If the CPU passes on that play you are screwed. The only work around is to tell your team to play the pass on every down. Obviously, the downside is it's very hard to stop the CPU run game when your whole team is playing the pass.

In my opinion the game is unplayable until EA fixes this. How did they miss such a glaring bug?

Last edited by boritter; 08-31-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

Yea that is very disheartening to see considering I've noticed similar issues with zone coverage as well. They seemingly react to some imaginary situation around them and then have to play a catchup game.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Rookie

ryanh04's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea they will do it in Zone coverage too. Your zone player's will stand there when they know a guys in front of them.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
Rookie

JBate24's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been having the same problem, I'm hoping it's just doing this in the Season Ticket version.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
MVP

Well considering season ticket players and people who've already gotten the full retail game can play each other.... i highly doubt it.

At this point we can only hope for a release day patch or one shortly after release.

I'm likely delaying the start of my league until they fix it. It's really annoying seeing all these defenders break the opposite way of the WR when they are sitting there looking at them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
Rookie

jrc2290's Arena

I have the retail hard disc version of it and *knock on wood, haven't seen this yet, and ive played about 8 full 10 min quarter games as well as practices
Old 08-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

I haven't observed this yet either. I also haven't played a full game yet though so I'm knocking on wood now lol.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Wow, nice video............thats insane that something like that is in the game. I'll never buy season pass!!! Thanks for posting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »