Home

Tips on how do you make WR's strafe?

This is a discussion on Tips on how do you make WR's strafe? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Tips on how do you make WR's strafe?

I have auto strafe and auto sprint off. But I can never get receivers like Randy Moss and Crabtree to turn around and go for a jump ball, especially when streaks are thrown short. I press the L trigger to attempt to strafe on a short thrown streak, and the recievers dont even turn around/strafe to go for the ball. The only time I can get recievers to go for the ball is when the are in-line with the pass. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 08-21-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tips on how do you make WR's strafe?

im pretty sure if you're playin above all pro you cannot strafe on wide receiver i may be wrong with madden 13
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the new "Ball Hawk" feature replaces this. I think it is X/A. You hold down on it when the ball is in the air and then press Y/Triangle and your player is supposed to go up for the ball at the highest point.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir2proforu2
im pretty sure if you're playin above all pro you cannot strafe on wide receiver i may be wrong with madden 13
Yeah, I play on All-Madden.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantos_5
I think the new "Ball Hawk" feature replaces this. I think it is X/A. You hold down on it when the ball is in the air and then press Y/Triangle and your player is supposed to go up for the ball at the highest point.
Thanks, Ill try this out, sounds a little difficult though, you have to hold X or A while the ball is in the air, then quickly press Y when the ball get's near the receiver sounds like a little much. Ill try to find the manual for this game and see how to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Just read up on ball-hawk and it seems like its only for defense. So you tell me if a ball is thrown short, their is no way to make receivers jump up and go for the ball on All-Madden? They are just going to sit their and let it get intercepted and not even attempt of go for the rock!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Just read up on ball-hawk and it seems like its only for defense. So you tell me if a ball is thrown short, their is no way to make receivers jump up and go for the ball on All-Madden? They are just going to sit their and let it get intercepted and not even attempt of go for the rock!
I press Y and my receiver jumps. Didn't think get rid of the strafe so people couldn't "rocket catch" anymore? I never tried that, so not sure if that's correct or not.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Rookie

txboifrozt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I have auto strafe and auto sprint off. But I can never get receivers like Randy Moss and Crabtree to turn around and go for a jump ball, especially when streaks are thrown short. I press the L trigger to attempt to strafe on a short thrown streak, and the recievers dont even turn around/strafe to go for the ball. The only time I can get recievers to go for the ball is when the are in-line with the pass. What am I doing wrong?
I usually let the CPU strafe for me then i switch and catch it myself. Only other way that i know of is to run in a little circle and then strafe. Once you are facing the ball you can strafe but anything over "Pro" strafe is disabled and i don't know why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »