Home

thoughts on improved commentary from demo vid with giants and 49ers..

This is a discussion on thoughts on improved commentary from demo vid with giants and 49ers.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Banned

lalykind's Arena

OVR: 1
thoughts on improved commentary from demo vid with giants and 49ers..

from what little i heard from the vid sound like commentary has had a hell of an upgrade compared to demo in e3...whats your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Rookie

TomZ85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: thoughts on improved commentary from demo vid with giants and 49ers..

I wouldn't make an evaluation just yet. In putting out the teaser video they can select whatever audio or cut scene they want... they wouldn't put something out there that was buggy or weird sounding.

How the full retail product performs remains to be seen.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
I can still see myself turning it off after a game or two.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I think it's solid for the intros because the cohesive flow of the presentation allows the commentary to flow well too. However, like I just posted in ChaseB's commentary thread, once the game play starts, the time warping and choppy collage visuals are not conducive for replicating "live" commentary flow.

The game plays out at a choppy and unrealistic pace, so the commentary sounds that way as well. There's not much that can be done to improve the authentic broadcast quality of the commentary until the visual flow of the network broadcast presentation for game play is more representative of a "live" football game, not some highlight reel.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

It was just a pregame analysis. If they still can't talk about true events and happenings with live stats in CCM and etc than I won't really find it improved. It doesn't sound like they've made those adjustments but hopefully the chit-chatter they say the added will make it more lively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It was just a pregame analysis. If they still can't talk about true events and happenings with live stats in CCM and etc than I won't really find it improved. It doesn't sound like they've made those adjustments but hopefully the chit-chatter they say the added will make it more lively.
Exactly, until they include this I feel the immersion you are supposed to get from the announcers will still lack like last years Madden. It will probably be an improvement in terms of flow, making sense, and same audio sounds but it will still lack in talking about what is happening in your league, stats, etc.

Plus, they just have 'fillers' from what I've seen, for example; "In this game we have a great matchup between a top flight WR and a shutdown corner, this will be a great match up to watch." Well, who is the top flight WR and shutdown CB and what about them?

Other commentary 'questions' I'd love to see answered by Nantz and Simms:
What week am I playing in?
What place am I in my division? Playoff picture? Must Win? Etc.
Who are my top players and their stats?
What else is happening around the league/other scores?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by S C 0 0 Z E
Exactly, until they include this I feel the immersion you are supposed to get from the announcers will still lack like last years Madden. It will probably be an improvement in terms of flow, making sense, and same audio sounds but it will still lack in talking about what is happening in your league, stats, etc.

Plus, they just have 'fillers' from what I've seen, for example; "In this game we have a great matchup between a top flight WR and a shutdown corner, this will be a great match up to watch." Well, who is the top flight WR and shutdown CB and what about them?

Other commentary 'questions' I'd love to see answered by Nantz and Simms:
What week am I playing in?
What place am I in my division? Playoff picture? Must Win? Etc.
Who are my top players and their stats?
What else is happening around the league/other scores?
I don't think that's an issue with the commentary though, it's an issue with the visual presentation, namely camera work and overlays. I even brought this up in the commentary thread a while back that the commentary can be generic to allow much more of it to be used IF the visuals compliment it, to provide specifics.

For example, which WR and CB they are referring to should be visually represented during that line, with the camera highlighting those players, maybe with a splitscreen or going from one to the other, with a graphical overlay with current statistical data, either from real life or your current CC in that mode.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043139095

I think ChaseB and the audio team understand this but I don't think they are in charge of the visual presentation. This two teams definitely need to get together and on the same page though.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-12-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree with what you guys said and it looks abit better. As long as they aren't still talking about a sack that happened while two big plays and a TD go down after it like in madden 12 would make me smile. It's funny how pathetic that sounds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »