Home

What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

This is a discussion on What's Your Craziest Superbowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

What's the craziest superbowl you've seen so far? This was mine, as a spectator:

For 2012-2013, I had Peyton Manning go to the Cleveland Browns. Despite missing eight weeks after reinjuring himself, he and McCoy managed to take the Browns to their first Superbowl ever. On the other side of the field was the New Orleans Saints, the first team to ever play a Superbowl in their own stadium.

This seemed like an epic match up. Manning versus Brees, two of the greatest players ever. First time in a Superbowl for the Browns, first team ever to play at their home stadium for the Saints. Possibility of Manning ending his left-for-dead career with a big win. The Browns were seriously lacking high-caliber receivers, but the Saints offensive line had been devastated by injuries. This was going to be an epic game.

The final score? 73-6, Saints.

Peyton Manning was so unbelievably awful, that I pulled him at the start of the third quarter...only to have McCoy throw the first interception, so I put Manning back in. Meanwhile, the Browns could not cover a single Saints receiver. I checked Superbowl records on Wikipedia, and the Saints shattered MOST of them.

So? What's the craziest Superbowl you've seen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

All Madden default sliders

Eagles (me) Vs Pats (cpu) final score 152 to 55

Brady throws 5 picks while Welker and Gronk combine for over 500 receiving yards....

I stopped playing the super bowl after that and simply play 10 game seasons and sim the rest.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

In my 4th season on All-Pro as the Vikings I went up against the Steelers in the Super Bowl. The game started with my showboat (runs with the ball away from his body) WR doing a superman dive into the endzone over a defender. (I saved the replay and I've watched it 50 times since).

The game went back and fourth but with 57 sec left Big Ben threw a TD to Wallace to take the lead. The crowd was crazy and the camera was shaking while showing Bens arms in the air.

I got the ball back and threw a few bombs to get down around the 20. With 5 sec left I threw a TD to Rudolph and he got crushed in the Endzone but he held on. I was jumping around at 3 AM while my wife and kids were sleeping above me.

I have a "no-reset" rule on playoff games and the Super Bowl so this game was very intense and one of the highlights of Madden 12 for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

In Year 3 of my Titans franchise, I play Green Bay in the Superbowl. I ended up losing the game in double overtime (22-25). Hands down the greatest game I have played to do date in any week of any franchise.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

It was the vikings (me) v pats and I took the lead with a touchdown in the final seconds with favre to berrian in M10. BUT ther was like 0:07 seconds left and the pats won... by like a 90 yard return -_- it was the dirtiest play ever. But probably my most memorable game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

I've only been in 2, but my last one I ended up winning by 6, they stalled on their final drive. Trent Richardson ran out the clock with a couple 10-20 yard runs.

Not that crazy
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me, it was during my Superstar Mode.
I created a FS, got drafted by the Seahawks, and did ok, not great for a rookie, 12 tackles, 5 deflections and 2 FF.
We finished the season 9-7-1 and was the last team in the playoffs, we had the 32 ranked offense, but the 1st ranked D, and we beat the 49ers in the wildcard, by a field goal.
Next game, vs the Eagles, I get a pick to help set up the game winning score with 1 minute left in the game.

Then the super bowl
Hawks vs Texans, who were down to Yates in the game, kinda like this year.
21-10 in the 4th quarter, They are driving down field and Yates throws to Owens for the first, then, boom, hit stick + FF for me, sets up a touchdown, about 2 minutes in the game, its 3rd and 7 at the 43 yard line, they do a PA pass, I read it perfectly, catch in the end zone and take it back for my first pick 6.
24-21 in the final seconds, and I pick the Hail Mary to seal the deal.
Very fun.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

steelcurtainrox's Arena

OVR: 0

Steelers (me) and Giants, I was playing 4 minute quarters. After starting the quarter with the score 3-0 Giants, I drive down field in 2 plays to make it 7-3 Steelers. Then Eli goes down field to make it 10-7 Giants, then I go down and score to make it 14-10 Steelers, then Eli goes down to score to make it 17-14 Giants with 3 seconds left then I return the kickoff for a touchdown on the last play. All in 4 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »