Home

32 team franchise mode?

This is a discussion on 32 team franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
32 team franchise mode?

Im decently new to this site and ive often read alot of comments etc. about people who control all 32 teams in their franchises. What makes it so interesting? is it better? I dont think ive ever controlled more then 2 teams and it just seems like nothing but a ton of work to control 32.

To anyone out there that does it, I just wanna know the point of doing it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 32 team franchise mode?

It's too compensate for the flaws in the game. If you're a stickler for realism, anything but 32-team has teams making horrible decisions (cutting 2nd and 3rd round and sometimes even 1st round picks for UDFAs who turn out to be horrible), really questionable moves in FA, and some nonsensical drafting.

You have to be kind of OCD about the game to do it, and it will eat your soul. This year, the amount of work has been so much that I've never really gotten past year 2 of a franchise. Just not worth it, and I can't have fun with the mess that the CPU makes with the 31 teams it controls.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Rookie

That does sound rough! Although it does seem like a good idea to rid of the brokeness like the trade logic, despite the rediculous amount of work as your saying it is. lol

thanks for the reply!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
It's too compensate for the flaws in the game. If you're a stickler for realism, anything but 32-team has teams making horrible decisions (cutting 2nd and 3rd round and sometimes even 1st round picks for UDFAs who turn out to be horrible), really questionable moves in FA, and some nonsensical drafting.

You have to be kind of OCD about the game to do it, and it will eat your soul. This year, the amount of work has been so much that I've never really gotten past year 2 of a franchise. Just not worth it, and I can't have fun with the mess that the CPU makes with the 31 teams it controls.
This is exactly why I got rid of the game. But the Super Bowl has given me the Madden itch again. Thank you for posting this, and reminding me to just say No and pray that 13 is much better.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I do it, but I do it for a couple different reasons other than controlling flaws.

1) I don't have a favorite team. I like to enjoy the NFL as a whole, so I don't like to select just one team and have to play with them all the time. That would probably bore me.

2) I like being the GM for every team. I also like trying to make the terrible teams better and the great teams greater. I do implement a system that is more fair to the teams that finish at the bottom of the league. For instance, during free agency, teams get to offer contracts to players in order that they draft in. A team will have "dibs" on that player until they either accept the contract, or reject it. If the player rejects the contract, he's fair game to the next team that's "on the clock". I also love doing all the off-season personnel stuff, which prolongs that period of time by 32.

3) Stats. This is a way that I can see every stat that is recorded, so I know they aren't a glitch or something. I guess that's making up for flaws. Maybe more just me being paranoid.

It does take a long time to get through a season, because I do play EVERY game. I've had the game since day one, and I'm about 2 games away from week 6 (that's with playing all the pre-season games too). That's a total of 144 games at about an hour each. I can see how a lot of people would say "screw that", but I really wouldn't play the game any other way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Rookie

EVERY SINGLE GAME !? :O and I gotta say I dont have a favourite either, so maybe 32 team is worth a try!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Rookie

i used to do a 1 team franchise, then i read M2H's 32 team handbook. i switched to a 32 team and never looked back.

i play with only 1 team and sim the rest of the games. i personally enjoy the offseason stuff more than the actual games. the best part is controlling who each team resigns and lets go to FA with their FA spreadsheet tool they made. i follow it about 95% cuz i had some players that should have been FA (ex Polamalu) but i dont think he's ever gonna leave the Steelers, so i resigned him. you can also keep players from retiring, Ray Lewis, and keep him in your franchise for as long as you want. the bad part is cutting all the UDFA's from every team.

this is how mine is set up
  • play as vikings
  • draft for every team (first 3 rounds, sim except for viks after that, scout only for my team)
  • do all resigning before free agency
  • cpu does the FA bidding except for my team
  • sign all draft picks and cut all UDFA's
  • i put players that are out for the season on IR and let the cpu fill the rosters
one other thing you can do with 32 is edit any player, so if someone is having a breakout year in real life, and you want to reflect that, you can in your franchise.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atorvick
i used to do a 1 team franchise, then i read M2H's 32 team handbook. i switched to a 32 team and never looked back.

i play with only 1 team and sim the rest of the games. i personally enjoy the offseason stuff more than the actual games. the best part is controlling who each team resigns and lets go to FA with their FA spreadsheet tool they made. i follow it about 95% cuz i had some players that should have been FA (ex Polamalu) but i dont think he's ever gonna leave the Steelers, so i resigned him. you can also keep players from retiring, Ray Lewis, and keep him in your franchise for as long as you want. the bad part is cutting all the UDFA's from every team.

this is how mine is set up
  • play as vikings
  • draft for every team (first 3 rounds, sim except for viks after that, scout only for my team)
  • do all resigning before free agency
  • cpu does the FA bidding except for my team
  • sign all draft picks and cut all UDFA's
  • i put players that are out for the season on IR and let the cpu fill the rosters
one other thing you can do with 32 is edit any player, so if someone is having a breakout year in real life, and you want to reflect that, you can in your franchise.
I play 32 team franchise too but can't figure out how to get the CPU to bid on free agents in the offseason. Once I get to the free agent bidding stage there is little to no activity. Ocassionally 1-2 teams will make a bid or two, but it doesn't work the way it does when controlling only one team where there is a frenzy of activity. I have all teams set to CPU for free agent bidding, but it still doesn't work right. Does anybody else have this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »