Home

Team ratings vs difficulty

This is a discussion on Team ratings vs difficulty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

OVR: 2
Team ratings vs difficulty

Im beginning to think with decent balanced sliders that team ratings really affect the result of games. Ok I've messed about with sliders for about forever on this game. I've found some I like and after three games (not the most conclusive sample I must concede) I noticed something I've never seen before. Sorry if this has already been done but I'd love to know what others have found. Now I've nailed the slider side for my own games I started a new Franchise with the Eagles. All of my games felt super close but the first result doesn't reflect it. Here are my results after 3 games:

Vs Rams - win 18 -3
Vs Falcons - lose OT 34. - 37
Vs Giants - win 31 - 28

Now it just so happens the Rams rating is 3 points lower than the Eagles, the Falcons 3 points higher, , the Giants the same (never patched). The computer snatched my 10 point lead against the Falcons, let me run away against the Rams and made me fight it closely with the Giants.

I always figured these ratings were just a lazy summary of the team or an average of the overall ratings of the starters perhaps but maybe they have some effect. It's not so much I believe it may change the final score (of course its possible to beat a higher rated team) but am I barking up the wrong tree thinking it may affect how the AI deals with the game and whether it keeps it close or allows a blow out? Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Team ratings vs difficulty

I think it was said in M10 that the team ratings did act as a "second difficulty" like if you were 84 and they were 87, it would be a harder game (i.e. the AI would play harder) than if you were 84 and the CPU team 79.

That said, I don't pay much attention because I think balanced sliders will show off the player ratings anyway. So if they have a lot of good skills, they'll show off and make your team have a harder time winning.

Plus throw in DPP, consistency, etc, and I think it gets hard to say, at least for franchise.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Team ratings vs difficulty

Yes I suppose there are too many factors but what really got me was my Giants game where our stats were virtually the same, weirdly the same. 75 to 74 rush, 234 to 236 pass, me with one INT CPU with a fumble turnover. Me 3 sacks, CPU 2, same TFL. It was a pretty odd one and at no point would did the CPU make a mental decision or play out of it's skin just to catch up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »