Home

What Type of Offense Do you Run?

This is a discussion on What Type of Offense Do you Run? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
What Type of Offense Do you Run?

Saw this in the NCAA forums and decided to bring the topic over here.
I run the West Coast Offense. I Find that its extremely effective against both the AI and real life opponents

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What Type of Offense Do you Run?

I run a pretty balanced O. Mix in some singleback, a couple of I-forms, and shotgun. Mainly run first.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

With my Chargers chise I run an offense with less deep passing than their real system. I try to use mostly short/medium pass plays + runs early and test out the defense with a bomb every so often. Against 3-4 defenses I especially run a lot of 2TE or 3WR sets with a speedy receiver as slot.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

I feel like I run a mix between a spread offense and a west coast offense.

I like to mix it up between 3 and 4 wide, singleback formations, as well as standard 2 back, 2 receiver, 1 tight end formations.

In Madden, I feel like the slot receiver position is way over powered, so I tend to focus on that. I like to put a high catch, high route running receiver like a Michael Crabtree in the slot, and run him on slant and drag patterns.

From a spread type formation, I like to spread out the defense, and then pound it right up the middle with Frank Gore. And just when the defense starts to bunch up to take away Frank, I exploit the mismatches that come from having so many dangerous receivers spread across the field.

I don't often go deep downfield, mainly because using the 49ers, I don't have the receivers to do it. But I still like spreading it out and flinging the ball around.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I run an amoeba offense...

I adjust my plays to whatever my opponent hates... I start with some West Coast tactics - Scripted plays and short passes. Then I mix in the same 3-5 run plays from several formations.

I concentrate on learning how my opponent adjusts to formation, motion, and pre-snap QB animations. If I can induce a shift, a safety coming down, or something else - I know how to attack.

I'm just as kool with slinging the rock around the field 40 times as I am to pound the rock 40 times. It's up to my opponent. Whatever hurts most is what I'm most likely to run.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

I run an balanced offense but believe or not I play off the defense. If they run man alot I got plays for that. If they run zone I definitely have plays for that. Most of the time I beat myselfby throwing int or fumbling.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it depends on the team and the players you have. In my rebuild Jaguars franchise I ground and pound with Blount and rookie Ryan Williams, and then I throw deep using play action or just throwing deep out of run formations. With other teams its different tho, I will run more of a west coast offense/spread with lots of short to mid range passing.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

i use alot of zone runs from a singleback set. i really like to spread out the wide recievers taking linebackers out of the play and running dive type runs. i keep my passing game very simple. running mesh, curl flat. just easy simple reads in the passing game. offensively i just try to limit mistakes and manage the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »