Home

Can't Pass In Madden 12

This is a discussion on Can't Pass In Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Rookie

sologamer69's Arena

OVR: 2
Can't Pass In Madden 12

I've always been a little better than mediocre at passing the ball but I've been one of the best rushers.

The problem I'm having is that it's now almost impossible for me to pass the ball while playing on just all-pro on my offline franchise. Madden 12 beefed up coverages to amazing proportions which I'm not mad at but I'm constantly throwing picks with Cam Newton and having to settle for little screens and dump off passes.

I would like to have any tips on how to pass the ball in madden 12. I easily get 200 yards rushing a game with Darren Mcfadden but passing I get around 50-80.

Also people say they are having a bit of a problem with pass rushing. Using the NYJ playbook I get about 3-7 sacks a game. Jason Pierre-Paul is and animal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Can't Pass In Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologamer69
I've always been a little better than mediocre at passing the ball but I've been one of the best rushers.

The problem I'm having is that it's now almost impossible for me to pass the ball while playing on just all-pro on my offline franchise. Madden 12 beefed up coverages to amazing proportions which I'm not mad at but I'm constantly throwing picks with Cam Newton and having to settle for little screens and dump off

Also people say they are having a bit of a problem with pass rushing. Using the NYJ playbook I get about 3-7 sacks a game. Jason Pierre-Paul is and animal.
I'd say check out playmakers sliders. He really opened up the passing game. It's a little easy for me but it should be perfect for you
Old 09-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Will peoper ever learn to use sliders ?
Use someones , create yours , what ever , stop creating same useless thread
all you need to do in this case is lower your run blocking to not get 200 rush yards every game , lower cpu's ints , lower cpu pass defense and see how it goes .
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

There are tutorials on youtube on this subject. I find passing relatively easy....even with poor Qb's...I play on all madden....the middle of the field is wide open...you have to learn to scan the field.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sliders? Are you kidding me?

How about reading defenses and Match ups? That's where it's at. You get that down, then you can pass the ball. Good Luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I have a Panthers franchise going so I feel your pain over Cam Newton. I realized while using Cam, most of the routes I was comfortable with are considered medium routes, which aren't his strength.

So I started aiming short, quick slants obviously being the easiest route to complete. Once I pull in the defense with quick passes and solid runs, I'll take a shot deep. If Any of my receivers manage to get behind the defense, Cam has the arm to deliver the ball.

He gets more accurate in year two, but I still can't sit back and pick apart zone defense with him like I can with other QBs. It's like asking to be picked off.

Also, I don't utilize his mobility too much, but when I do get him moving it helps open up the field a bit for my receivers.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologamer69
The problem I'm having is that it's now almost impossible for me to pass the ball while playing on just all-pro on my offline franchise. Madden 12 beefed up coverages to amazing proportions which I'm not mad at but I'm constantly throwing picks with Cam Newton and having to settle for little screens and dump off passes.
There's your problem. I know that Cam tore up opposing defenses the first two weeks, but overall he is still not a great passer. Try adjusting the sliders. Lowering the CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time slider should loosen up coverages a bit. Also try increasing the Human QB Accuracy and WR Catching sliders. WR Catching seems like it shouldn't matter, but I've noticed that WRs get open more and run better routes when the slider is higher.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

To the folks that suggested sliders for the OP... I have a few questions:

Will sliders make you better at reading a defense? NO.
Will sliders make you better at syncing your drop with your receivers routes? NO
Will sliders help you know where to place passes in relation to the coverage? NO.

Sliders may account for a players lack of skill (or abundance) but should not be confused with developing a skill. Since the OP already indicated that his passing is mediocre, it's obvious that he needs to further develop his skills. Sliders on the other hand merely fit the game to match the skills he's already developed.

So... I'll recommend the same thing to the OP that I always recommend to people who want to improve their passing performances.

1) Leave the sliders alone. While they may help you get 'realistic' results based on your skill level, you are unlikely to improve the issues that are the real reasons you're having difficulty.

2) Go into practice mode without the defense. Master the locations of your receivers so when you play you won't have to look at them and you can concentrate on reading the defense.

3) Master syncing your routes. Every route on Madden has an optimum window of time to throw the ball. Count your QB's steps OUT LOUD. Get the clock in your head. 1,2,3 - BALL OUT. 1,2,3,4,5 - BALL OUT. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - BALL OUT. Note which routes break on your 3rd, 5th, and 7th steps...

4) Master placing the ball. First, try to hit your receiver in the chest. You'll notice that you'll need to release the left stick and use only the icon button to deliver a pass to your receiver's chest. Now imagine a defender on one side of the receiver and use the left stick to throw the ball to a spot AWAY from the imagined defender's position. High, Low, left, and right.

5) Master catching the ball. Make it a point to manually make a play on your passes. This skill is essential if you play with inaccurate passers. Not every pass is going to be on target and you may have to step in to make the catch OR swat the bal away from defenders. While this skill may not be needed for every play, develop it now, so it's available when you need it.

6) Now that you've set your clock, syncing your routes, throwing on time, placing the pass, and making the catch it's time for some adversity. Add the defense to your practice and run your favorite pass plays against random defenses. Be sure to focus on putting all your skills together. If your skills are well developed, you'll find that you're not looking at your receivers, your QB, or the rush. You'll be watching what the defense is doing.

Once you've come this far, the next step is learning how to attack various coverages with routes, pass timing, and subtle changes in where/how you release the ball.

After you've become adept at putting the skills together and have the reps under your belt to make it 2nd nature, you'll find that you won't need to back down the sliders...

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »