Home

Madden 12 Crazy Tackling

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Crazy Tackling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

sologamer69's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden 12 Crazy Tackling

Does almost 95% of the tackles that are made seem like a freight train hitting a small child? The person with the ball is always thrown to one side like a rag doll.

Me personally I love this because I'm a huge fan of big hitting in madden and I like it. But from a realism point of view it's crazy. A lot of my friends who have played the demo say's it needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure if it's just a demo thing and they're going to do something about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 12 Crazy Tackling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologamer69
Does almost 95% of the tackles that are made seem like a freight train hitting a small child? The person with the ball is always thrown to one side like a rag doll.

Me personally I love this because I'm a huge fan of big hitting in madden and I like it. But from a realism point of view it's crazy. A lot of my friends who have played the demo say's it needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure if it's just a demo thing and they're going to do something about it.
I think the tackling is much improved this year but do think think they need to cut down on the bullet tackles and also do a little better job of representing the struggle between offensive/defensive player.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologamer69

i completely agree and it doesnt seem like all the tackles were like that in the e3 videos.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Maybe it's just because I'm a Very Slow Speed guy with the threshold at 15, but i don't see it. I feel like the game plays very well. All the animations look pretty good (minus some skating).

My wife is not looking forward to the 30th.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursnSaintsFTW
i completely agree and it doesnt seem like all the tackles were like that in the e3 videos.
Mainly because the E3 version was more up to date then the demo is. So that why you are seeing a difference in the 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

At least what I've noticed in the college football game is that the better teams defensive players have a much higher hit power rating, resulting in nearly every tackle being a big hit... Which I don't like too much. But since we can edit ratings before and during a franchise I will be fine with it.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 25

Freight train hitting a small child....lol
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Somebody said it before in the Demo impressions I think, but yeah it seems like there is more hitting than tackling. I'd like to see more wrap up gang tackles on running backs in the trenches than taking the hand off and getting blown up by one guy. All in all, I like the way it is and without the warping it feels infinitely smoother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »