Home

What is a good name for a Toronto team? (Franchise Relocation)

This is a discussion on What is a good name for a Toronto team? (Franchise Relocation) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last edited by uoh11odV; 05-16-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What is a good name for a Toronto team? (Franchise Relocation)

Isnt the beaver Canadas national animal? How about "Toronto Beavers"?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't mean to be a pedantic git , but if you move the "Bills" to Toronto, would they just not become the Toronto Bills?

Same as when the colts left baltimore, the rams left LA and so forth.

I've always wandered this about a London Franchise?

Anyway if you're creating a brand new one then how about the Toronto Terriers. Why? cos it sounds good lol
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

Being from Toronto, I might be able to help with this.

You could call them the Canucks, but there's already a hockey team with that name. You could simply call them the Canadians (but again there's a hockey team with that name, except it's in french).
You could steal the name of the Toronto CFL team, the Argonauts, although in that case you should probably change the colours to the Argos double blue.

Other than that... all the names that are synonymous with Canada aren't very good for a football team: Mounties, Moose.. I actually can't think of anything else. Nobody in Toronto would agree to Beavers as a team name.

In terms of industry in Toronto, we're mostly a financial and corporate city, so industry-related names would be lame like: Bankers, Lawyers, CEOs.

Honestly, if in real life the Bills did more to Toronto, they'd probably either keep the name Bills or come up with a generic name. Heck, our NBA team is called the Raptors, and that's the most recent major sports team the city has named.

On another note, an NFL team in Toronto would play in the Rogers Centre, at least at first. Eventually though they'd have the renovate that stadium or build a new one - it's not quite big enough for an NFL team (it can only seat 54,000)
Old 08-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

OVR: 0

I recommend the Bills. Only because this seems realistic! lol Don't worry Buffalo fans, it's not that far of a drive. At least you won't have to move to L.A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

If you keep the nickname of the team you relocate (eg Bills) there's a chance the announcers will still refer to you as, "the bills" rather than, "the visiting team."

However, to me it makes sense to pick a name that goes with the logo's allowed in team creation. As I recall there's a clover, hog, fire, bees, snake, crossbones, shark, voodoo, meteor, not a ton of options.

So how about in honor of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_2aX-784sw (ok, sure, it's Edmonton, but nobody in America can tell the cities in Canada apart)

You name them the meteors.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

You could name them the Toronto ArgoNOTs, you know .... to distinguish them apart from their CFL neighbors.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Being from Toronto, I might be able to help with this.

You could call them the Canucks, but there's already a hockey team with that name. You could simply call them the Canadians (but again there's a hockey team with that name, except it's in french).
You could steal the name of the Toronto CFL team, the Argonauts, although in that case you should probably change the colours to the Argos double blue.

Other than that... all the names that are synonymous with Canada aren't very good for a football team: Mounties, Moose.. I actually can't think of anything else. Nobody in Toronto would agree to Beavers as a team name.

In terms of industry in Toronto, we're mostly a financial and corporate city, so industry-related names would be lame like: Bankers, Lawyers, CEOs.

Honestly, if in real life the Bills did more to Toronto, they'd probably either keep the name Bills or come up with a generic name. Heck, our NBA team is called the Raptors, and that's the most recent major sports team the city has named.

On another note, an NFL team in Toronto would play in the Rogers Centre, at least at first. Eventually though they'd have the renovate that stadium or build a new one - it's not quite big enough for an NFL team (it can only seat 54,000)
Please don't use Canadiens, stupid Montreal ..

Canadian Bacon has always been a favorite of mine, great name if you're looking for some sort of comical name ..

It's actually hard for me to think of some sort of serious name for a Toronto team .. as I don't want to use one that's already taken ..

Toronto Rock is about as good as I can think .. it's our Lacrosse team, and Toronto Beavers sounds stupid .. maybe Toronto Beers?

I'll try and come up with some ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »