Home

Booth review...

This is a discussion on Booth review... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Booth review...

Just got a booth review before the two minute warning. Hopefully the devs are aware of this issue and its been fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Booth review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
Just got a booth review before the two minute warning. Hopefully the devs are aware of this issue and its been fixed
Didn't happen to be on a scoring play, did it? There's a new rule in the NFL this year that all scoring plays are going to be booth reviewed (though I'd assume they'll only stop the game to look at it if it's a close call).

Wonder if that made it into this year's game...
Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Didn't happen to be on a scoring play, did it? There's a new rule in the NFL this year that all scoring plays are going to be booth reviewed (though I'd assume they'll only stop the game to look at it if it's a close call).

Did not know that was a rule change. It indeed happened on a scoring play, thanks!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
zav
Rookie

It's on all of them they reviewed a play today in the pats game that was so ridiculously obvious didn't slow the game as much as I expected
Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Happened to me on a scoring play too. I didn't know about the rule change. Is it really meant to be on every play or just catches etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
Happened to me on a scoring play too. I didn't know about the rule change. Is it really meant to be on every play or just catches etc?
"Every scoring play" is the terminology they used. Obviously if a guy is running 50 yards ahead of everyone to the house I don't think they'd need to buzz the referee about it though.

So two confirmations of this happening on scoring plays...that's pretty cool if it really is in - I myself didn't find out about that rule until a few weeks ago (when we didn't even know there was going to be a season).

One thing it will force EA to do is clean up the logic on those challenge calls, with patches if necessary - if the referee still misses calls even after the review (as it has at times in the past games), this graduates to game-breaker status because of the increased frequency of reviews. Even so, there's going to be a lot of people claiming they got "screwed" by this rule change - I can see it now.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

It's in the game!!!

Later
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Good to know this made it in.

At this point there is no reason to leave this thread open though. Thanks for pointing it out!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »