Home

2 Questions...

This is a discussion on 2 Questions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

triviator's Arena

OVR: 4
2 Questions...

...can't find results for the following 2 questions in the Madden forums:

Q1. Offline Franchise-the improvements sound REALLY good! Question-do we know if the CPU teams in Franchise will actually OFFER and/or COMPLETE trades? Historically, the CPU teams put players on the Trading Block at the start of the season but leave them there all year long without actually trading them. I've always had to go in and initiate any trades as a User operated team. It would be great if CPU teams make actual trades both during the season and off season. CPU to CPU as well as CPU to User trade offers.

Q2. Gameplay (depth chart)-similar to NCAA football, does Madden 12 have a quick option to substitute in the 2nd String offense/defense/both during a game or do we still need to go in player by player if we want to put the subs in during a blowout or something?

Thanks for any info. anyone can provide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: 2 Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triviator

Q1. Offline Franchise-the improvements sound REALLY good! Question-do we know if the CPU teams in Franchise will actually OFFER and/or COMPLETE trades? Historically, the CPU teams put players on the Trading Block at the start of the season but leave them there all year long without actually trading them. I've always had to go in and initiate any trades as a User operated team. It would be great if CPU teams make actual trades both during the season and off season. CPU to CPU as well as CPU to User trade offers.

Q2. Gameplay (depth chart)-similar to NCAA football, does Madden 12 have a quick option to substitute in the 2nd String offense/defense/both during a game or do we still need to go in player by player if we want to put the subs in during a blowout or something?

Not sure about the Franchise aspects... That isn't "My Mode"

But as far as the substitutions go... The NFL is much more situational than college. There's not enough players on an NFL team to have a legit 2nd string. To have a 2nd string O-Line for example, you'd need to carry at least 10 offensive linemen. Most teams don't have replacements for every O-Line position.

Usually only a few substitutions are made in blowouts... Backups may get some snaps, but there aren't usually enough backups to have a full 2nd string. Usually when we hear about the 2nd team offense or defense - it's practice. They rarely work as a 2nd team unit on game day.

That said... You can replace any single player on the field with the R1 button before choosing your formation. Good to bring in a backup kicker with a stronger leg for long kickoffs, bringing in the backup QB, or placing a taller WR in around the goal line.

Later
Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by triviator

Regarding trades...there are not many during the season IRL, and the deadline is week 6. Even in the offseason most trades involve a player for a pick or 2. They could certainly improve as you suggested but I'd rather have this than a cpu going "Steinbrenner" and changing the whole league.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

triviator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Regarding trades...there are not many during the season IRL, and the deadline is week 6. Even in the offseason most trades involve a player for a pick or 2. They could certainly improve as you suggested but I'd rather have this than a cpu going "Steinbrenner" and changing the whole league.
Thanks for the reply. It would just be interesting if there were a handful of random (logical) trades during the year initiated by CPU teams. 2K5 had this element in the game and it was not overdone ("Steinbrennered") IMO. For me it's just another aspect to kinda keep Franchise mode interesting in a "whoa....that was a big name trade" kinda way is all. Not life or death, especially given all the other Franchise improvements I read about this weekend. Thanks again.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

triviator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Not sure about the Franchise aspects... That isn't "My Mode"

But as far as the substitutions go... The NFL is much more situational than college. There's not enough players on an NFL team to have a legit 2nd string. To have a 2nd string O-Line for example, you'd need to carry at least 10 offensive linemen. Most teams don't have replacements for every O-Line position.

Usually only a few substitutions are made in blowouts... Backups may get some snaps, but there aren't usually enough backups to have a full 2nd string. Usually when we hear about the 2nd team offense or defense - it's practice. They rarely work as a 2nd team unit on game day.

That said... You can replace any single player on the field with the R1 button before choosing your formation. Good to bring in a backup kicker with a stronger leg for long kickoffs, bringing in the backup QB, or placing a taller WR in around the goal line.

Later
Thanks for the reply. Good point about the 2nd string wholesale substitution difference between pro and college. It's just simply a matter of wanting it easier to sub at the end of a blowout is all. Wanting to get my backups some Progression opportunities. I usually end up subbing out my QB, RB, and top WR's typically. Too lazy to go through the whole team Position by Position most times. So...my problem. Nice with NCAA to be able to do it quickly, but I do understand the difference in situations between the leagues. Thanks again for reply.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »