Home

Madden 12 in 3d?

This is a discussion on Madden 12 in 3d? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 12 in 3d?

With everything seeming to shift to 3d these days: tv's, movies, games,etc. I was wondering if this game will be in 3d too. Has anyone heard anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 in 3d?

I believe m11 was in 3d...I have a 3d TV but not the glasses (was pissed that I had to spend 200 bucks extra for something that I can't even get 3d channels on TV so I've waited. But it seems that there is an option to watch on 3D in madden...saw it somewhere.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

i hope it has Move support/mini-games.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Madden 11 was in 3D. I got my glasses in one of the September editions of ESPN the Magazine...

My impressions:

Great to look at for about 3-5 plays. After that it became exponentially less impressive as the game went on. Also, it was only good for offline play, which doesn't appeal to me at all.

All in all... not really worth the dev time, IMO.

Later
Old 06-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Madden 11 was not true 3d. It was the lame red and blue glasses from a doritos bag type. I have a 3D TV and some games look incredible on them. I hope Madden 12 is true 3D. Will i play it all the time...no, but it would be a nice alternative. I love MLB The Show in 3D but only use it once in a while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Madden 11 was not true 3d. It was the lame red and blue glasses from a doritos bag type. I have a 3D TV and some games look incredible on them. I hope Madden 12 is true 3D. Will i play it all the time...no, but it would be a nice alternative. I love MLB The Show in 3D but only use it once in a while
red and blue glasses or the new-fangled glasses... Doesn't really matter. A 2D screen can't produce true 3D. It's all simulated. The only real 3D experience is going to the game.

The real question is whether it's worth the dev time to create a simulated 3D experience. I say no.

But then again, I have a regular old HDTV. LOL

Do you think a 3D TV is worth the investment?

Later
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I doubt we'd see real 3D in Madden 12 since the only way to use that would be on a PS3 or PC and since Madden is ported from the 360 to the PS3 and not even made for PC, I doubt we'd see them spend the time to incorporate it.

If I'm correct only the PS3 has the HDMI standards to support it and has built in support? Also, because of that why add a feature when only 1 of the 4 or so versions you'll put out (360/PS3/PS2/Wii?) will support it. That gimmick stuff with the cereal box glasses was a waste of time and the Dev's should of just spent more time focusing on the game and not that gimmick junk.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Aftrer playing games like SOCOM, The Show, Crysis and Killzone in 3D, I'd be very happy for a true 3D Madden.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »