Home

Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion

i think most of you guys are better than me at this game. ,but i too have found that i am getting some unrealistic results lately.

However, i have tweaked the sliders quite a bit and i think i found a good equilibrium. It seems as though EA made the default sliders conducive for big plays because they want some action on the online 5 minute quarters. However, there is obviously way too much action with them on Franchise with realistic quarter lengths. I think i have figured them out.

I started my Franchise with the new tweaked sliders and i have been getting pretty realistic results.

My franchise team is Dallas. I am runnin with 10 minute quarters with no accelerated clock (12 minute quarters w/accelerated clock, give you a more realistic amount of total plays compared to real NFL games)

Using these sliders with Dallas, i lost my first game to the Falcons 30-21 (Vick had 83 yards rushing, Dunn had 78). The result of the second game was 17-14, NY Giants winning(Barber had 151 total yards, 96 rushing). The third game (NY Jets) i actually won 16-10, even though Martin had 174 yards rushing (3 Fgs and a TD for me). I have been getting realistic stats for both teams. It is really hard for me to score with Dallas (as it should be) using these sliders. Most of my offensive scores have been from getting set up with good field position by my Defense or special teams.

All-Pro
Quick passing
10 minute quarters- no accelerated clock or
12 minute quarters- accelerated clock

Check these out (all numbers are counted from far left, or zero)

Offense Human
QB accuracy 8
Pass Blocking 8
WR catching default
RB ability 10
Run blocking 11

CPU offense
QB accuracy default
pass blocking 12
WR catching default
RB ability 15
run blocking 17

Human defense
Awareness 15
knockdowns 18
Ints 4
break block default
tackling default

CPU defense
awareness 20
knockdowns 20
ints 5
break block default
tackling default

special teams Human
FG length 9
kickoff length 9
everything else default

special teams CPU
FG length 9
FG accuracy 9
punt length 11 or 12
everything else default

Penalties (these are either plus or minus from default)
False Start +4 from default
Holding +2 from default
Face Mask -4 from default
offensive pass interference +2 from default
Defensive pass interference +5 from default
KR catch interference +3 from default
clipping +1 from default
intentional grounding +1 from default
roughing the passer +5 from default
roughing the kicker +3 from default

One last thing that you guys might want to try is under the System audio settings. Try turning the field volume slider down halfway.

You get the idea. I will continue tweaking and i will provide detailed game stats on the next version. These seem to work good, but they could be better

Old 08-14-2003, 12:23 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm not sure I can handle human pass blocking at 8. I'm running my dolphins franchise and I have no time to throw with your old sliders.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 PM   #51
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

i am not sure which to try....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 12:52 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

mpattee said:
I'm not sure I can handle human pass blocking at 8. I'm running my dolphins franchise and I have no time to throw with your old sliders.

Same here, using Dan's sliders with pass block at 17 I still was sacked 4 times by the Lions on 6 minute quarters.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey nice work as always to everyone.

Last night I was messing around with the sliders, and I really lowered the CPU's pass blocking, and raised my break blocking. Despite *SOME* added pressure, I didn't have a sack. Mind you, I haven't played Madden since '02, but the QB seems to be able to get everything off in time, EVERY time. And RARELY scrambles (seemingly less than the NFL). Argh. I love the game so far, though.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #54
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
Quote:

mpattee said:

Same here, using Dan's sliders with pass block at 17 I still was sacked 4 times by the Lions on 6 minute quarters.

Yeah, I thing the pass blocking needs bumped up from default on All Pro. I used those sliders and Alan Faneca alone gave up 4 sacks, and he's rated in the low-mid 90s.

I'm currently working on some sliders (I don't know how close they are to others, since I don't want to comb through 3 pages, plus I'm at work). I don't know how accurate they are yet, because my first game to try them out with was against the Bengals. The CPU stats seemed pretty good though (Kitna threw for about 180 yards and 4 INTs, Dillon ran for close to 100, and I gave up 13 points). Problem is I scored 54. I forget who's next on the schedule, but I'm sure they'll be a better benchmark.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:

mpattee said:

You should only have 3-5 seconds to get rid of the ball if you want it realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

texdirtbag said:
Quote:

mpattee said:

You should only have 3-5 seconds to get rid of the ball if you want it realistic.

After playing on default I've found too often a LB will make it to the backfield without even being touched. Sure that should happen sometimes but for me it was way too often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »