Home

Getting Bored

This is a discussion on Getting Bored within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Getting Bored

So I am primarily an offline franchise player. I will sometimes throw in a few online games. The problem is that I am getting very bored with Madden. I need some suggestion on how to make this game exciting again. I have been tempted to trade it in and buy NBA 2k11...but then I won't have any football game if I decide I want to play football sometime in the future.

I always pick crap teams and try to rebuild them in franchise mode...but it gets boring due to the lack of depth in that mode.

Any suggestions on how to get back into the game or should I just get NBA 2k11 and get rid of Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Getting Bored

I have the same prob, it's essentially the same game each year, so the lack of freshness causes it to get stale rather quickly. Don't know what to tell you.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

I would try Ultimate Team, that's the only reason I still play Madden now. Franchise got boring for me after 4 seasons, and I didn't want to start a new one just to see the same rookies again.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I tried that a few weeks ago. It was okay...but I got tired of that as well...this sucks. How frustrating that this game has lost appeal after about a month of playing it.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Then its time for you to get a new game, in this Gen if I'm not bored of a game after 2 weeks I consider it a good purchase.
I got bored of Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 after a week. Try out NBA 2k, NHL or FIFA. They just came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Ultimate is the best feature in Madden. It's fun to play against people online with crappy players. They failed at the offline play though. You get to pick and choose who to play. I would rather have the game choose who I play to make it more interesting. Madden will forever be the same until someone like 2K get's rights to make an NFL title. EA is just a bad company all together. Look at NBA Elite. I'd go with NB2K11 if I were you. It's the most amazing sports game I've played. The only problem is ISO which shouldn't be a problem to learn. Or just wait for Medal of Honor.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Well based on this one and a thread I posted in the 2K section i have decided that I am going to be trading in Madden and getting 2K11. It had been 3 years since I bought a Madden game...and I initially thought this year was worth the wait...but it has turned into all the other Maddens I have bought in the past where it's the same old features and I get bored with...I am hoping that 2K11 can meet my needs in terms of being playable for a long period of time.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am bored with my offline franchise. But, a friend and I from work are doing a dynasty together with created teams and a fantasy draft it is a blast. plus we play against each other when we are the away team.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »