Home

CPU in the 4th Quarter

This is a discussion on CPU in the 4th Quarter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
CPU in the 4th Quarter

I don't want to sound like I crying about the game. In the 4th quarter the CPU goes All-Madden. I was playing the Redskins vs Eagle in season play I had a 24 to 10 lead with 7:56 in the 4th quarter when the CPU became unstoppable. I could not run, Coley fumbled could not stop the pass or run. CPU RB was making Barry Sander moves I could not stop.The CPU shut me down winning 31 to 24. Happens to me all the time LOL. I play Playmaker sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU in the 4th Quarter

my problem is the cpu sucks in the 4th quarter and i always pull away
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

This used to happen to me alot, but all you need to do is make it as hard as possible for the CPU to make a comeback. Usually when I'm up by more than one possession and the CPU has the ball in the 4th quarter I'll play Dime, Dollar, and Quarter formations. You don't need to be aggressive all game, when you make the QB to make good passes every down, they're going to make a mistake eventually. If you play Cover Sink, Cover 4 (zone), and other plays with plenty of zones and at least 2 safeties deep you'll make it a pretty hard time on the offense.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

In the fourth quarter the cpu goes dumb on me and ill score 20+ points off of turnovers.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
This used to happen to me alot, but all you need to do is make it as hard as possible for the CPU to make a comeback. Usually when I'm up by more than one possession and the CPU has the ball in the 4th quarter I'll play Dime, Dollar, and Quarter formations. You don't need to be aggressive all game, when you make the QB to make good passes every down, they're going to make a mistake eventually. If you play Cover Sink, Cover 4 (zone), and other plays with plenty of zones and at least 2 safeties deep you'll make it a pretty hard time on the offense.
Thanks, I will try those Defensive formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
In the fourth quarter the cpu goes dumb on me and ill score 20+ points off of turnovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thssanders
my problem is the cpu sucks in the 4th quarter and i always pull away
I've found the computer completely useless after I have a 2 score lead even before halftime. The computer doesn't adjust it's play calling at all, and all of the teams play exactly the same way with the exception of the big 5 teams (highest rated teams in the game). This makes offline much like playing a cheeser online with the exception that the computer will at least finish the game. All-pro is too easy, and all madden simply cheats even with sliders so it's a no win situation.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 10-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »