Home

Do you see enough injuries in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Do you see enough injuries in Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Do you see enough injuries in Franchise?

One of my biggest complaints of Madden (there are a few mind you) is the lack of regression in player's abilities. By season 10 in a typical franchise, it seems like every QB and RB in the league are elite and have an OVR greater than 90. It make sense given the lack of regression and bias of the default roster set to give every rookie an A potential. Coupled with the amount of gems in each and every draft and the fact that retirements happen less than in real life, its just a matter of time where the talent pool becomes inflated. So one way I was thinking of doing is to drop the injury rating for each and every player. An increase in injuries increases the likelihood of guys not producing which in the end will lead to regression, especially as they older.

Before I do that, I wanted to the get everyone's thoughts on the amount and frequency of injuries and if increasing it is a solution to the lack of regression in players. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Do you see enough injuries in Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
One of my biggest complaints of Madden (there are a few mind you) is the lack of regression in player's abilities. By season 10 in a typical franchise, it seems like every QB and RB in the league are elite and have an OVR greater than 90. It make sense given the lack of regression and bias of the default roster set to give every rookie an A potential. Coupled with the amount of gems in each and every draft and the fact that retirements happen less than in real life, its just a matter of time where the talent pool becomes inflated. So one way I was thinking of doing is to drop the injury rating for each and every player. An increase in injuries increases the likelihood of guys not producing which in the end will lead to regression, especially as they older.

Before I do that, I wanted to the get everyone's thoughts on the amount and frequency of injuries and if increasing it is a solution to the lack of regression in players. Thanks.

I have finished 2 Seasons and believe me the injuries are plenty. In those 2 years I saw 3 career ending injuries, all 3 were because of broken vertebrae.

I wouldn't mess with the injury rating at all. There is a slider that sets the frequency of injuries, but honestly I do not see it working. I have it set low at 10 and I still see major injuries like broken collarbones, ribs, fibulas and torn muscles that last anywhere from 3-10 weeks.

This game still needs a lot of work, many of the features they claim are in the game are not from Pass Interference to intentional grounding and the list goes on and on. Hopefully they get it right soon because I am really tired of the same ole song every year. I love Madden but I have been dissapointed every year since New Gen came out.

Nevertheless this year's Madden is much better than last years without a doubt. Playaction works now, pass rush works too and having gameplanning to help us make the cpu call a more smarter game against us is a huge plus.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

OVR: 2
I see plenty of injuries and every time I see an injury announced I fear for the worse. I've had plenty of high-profiled players lose seasons or partial seasons to major injuries and it completely changes the outlook of a season. I ran my Packers chise an had to deal with no Aaron Rodgers due to a broken collarbone, or no Darrel Revis on my fantasy draft because of a torn muscle.

I NEVER put injured players back in. I fear the injury cart.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCook17
I see plenty of injuries and every time I see an injury announced I fear for the worse. I've had plenty of high-profiled players lose seasons or partial seasons to major injuries and it completely changes the outlook of a season. I ran my Packers chise an had to deal with no Aaron Rodgers due to a broken collarbone, or no Darrel Revis on my fantasy draft because of a torn muscle.

I NEVER put injured players back in. I fear the injury cart.

Call me crazy, but if I see the risk of putting an injured player is medium I will still put him back in the game.

I however do fear a season or career ending injury, but I think it only adds excitement to the game and makes it more realistic. I keep the injury slider no more than 25 and for the most part it gives me realistic amount of injuries. But I do prefer to have it at 10.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Simulated games produce far more injuries than played games, personally I sim a number of my games each season solely to produce more injuries on my team.

Shouldn't have to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Until we get an injured reserve / practice squad system that allows us to somewhat realistically deal with long term injuries, then I think the system as it is works fine.

I usually only simulate the occasional preseason game, so I've only dealt with injuries in played games, but I think the frequency seems about right considering the lack of a working IR system. In my first two seasons, I average probably somewhere around 35 missed games across 4-5 players per season. At one point, I had two starting LBs and two starting WRs out at the same time. Sure, the challenge was fun... but if it got any worse I was going to get frustrated by the lack of IR.

Realistic injuries are fine, but not if you have to make unrealistic roster cuts and take cap penalties that you'd never have to deal with in the "real" NFL just to get healthy bodies on the field.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

RB1 out for 8 weeks. WR3 out for 7 weeks. RDE1 out for season.

And thats just the 5+ weeks ones. I've had quite a few 1-2 week ones. And i play all my games.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hasselbeck has played every single snap in two seasons for my 'Hawks so I'm leaning towards there not being enough injuries in game. I was actually hoping to see him out for a few weeks just to make it interesting and see if Edwards would be able to step up to the plate.
XboxGT:Lewis584

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »