Home

Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Out Routes

I dont know if its just me, but it seems whenever i try to throw to a receiver on an out route i cannot throw the ball early right before the receiver makes his cut. What I mean is I can throw it early but the receiver never makes the catch. He just lets it fly by him. Now if I throw it after he makes his cut then he catches it. Arent out routes timing routes where you're suppose to throw the ball before the receiver makes his cut or just as he is making his cut?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Out Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcorp
I dont know if its just me, but it seems whenever i try to throw to a receiver on an out route i cannot throw the ball early right before the receiver makes his cut. What I mean is I can throw it early but the receiver never makes the catch. He just lets it fly by him. Now if I throw it after he makes his cut then he catches it. Arent out routes timing routes where you're suppose to throw the ball before the receiver makes his cut or just as he is making his cut?
This is one example of variety in outcomes depending on the QB's accuracy ratings.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

i'm throwing a short out route with jason campbell. My TE or WR has his man beat after making the cut, and the ball definitely looks catchable but they dont try to catch it.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
i'm throwing a short out route with jason campbell. My TE or WR has his man beat after making the cut, and the ball definitely looks catchable but they dont try to catch it.
Try seeing if a receiver w/ more awareness catches it.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Try seeing if a receiver w/ more awareness catches it.
Yeah that's the issue. WRs with low awareness will make 0 attempt to catch out/flat patterns. It's ridiculously annoying watching my QBs passes sail over their heads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

Just because the Colts can do it, doesn't mean your lowly [insert favourite team] can lol.

Yeah. Better receivers, better qb should do the trick.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Try catching it yourself. Take control of the receiver and see if you can't manually catch it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »