Home

Madden 11 Player Potentials Realized - ROOKIES

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Player Potentials Realized - ROOKIES within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
ink
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 11 Player Potentials Realized - ROOKIES

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, so forgive me if it has. I realized after the draft in my first franchise that there is a system for Potential that your player can attain and it's quite out in the open for all to see.

If you go to Player Management and then select ALL with the Left Trigger, then go to potential and sort, you will see a bunch of ?? in the Potential category, but it IS sorted for you by Potential. Once you do it, you'll see the elite players all on top, in the same order every time. Go down the list and notice how evenly the numbers drop for the player ratings. AP is up there along with other 99s and 98s. But interesting enough, Rookies are also sorted on the list. I had a Rookie WR that is the first on the list, above AP, meaning he has the Highest Potential of all players, which is really what that list is sorting out.

You might have some A potential players on your squad, but that doesn't mean he will reach 99. This is a way to see how the A potential people are ranked, and you WILL see the new Rookie class sporadically sprinkled through out. The way to tell what a Rookie potentially might become is to see what veteran players are around him, ideally using a player that is at his Peak to see how high of a 90's rating that player will attain. Interesting enough, that WR that had the highest potential was also ranked first in my scouting potential category, although he went in the 4th round. So the scouting Potential is VERY accurate. I was able to draft 3 high 90's potential players in the draft by going off that and they all went in later rounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 11 Player Potentials Realized - ROOKIES

Yeah I kinda noticed this. Maybe everyone knew this, but I figured not every A potential guy has the some potential. It's really more like 90-99 potential and they just simplify it with a grade.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
ink
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
Yeah I kinda noticed this. Maybe everyone knew this, but I figured not every A potential guy has the some potential. It's really more like 90-99 potential and they just simplify it with a grade.
Totally, I just find it interesting that this is pre-determined for the players total career. Truly the best players are even seperated from each other in A rating category. The super elite players would be 96-99. The greats are 90-95. Or something to that effect.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow this is fascinating and extremely disappointing. I cant believe EA would allow you to see if you A potential is an all time great.

Is there a way to determine if they will end up in the 95-99 range? I thought players progressions start to level off at year 3 or 4? There is a player who is a rookie but is only a 72 and he is third on ROLB list sorted by potential. If it truely does level off after 3-4 years there is no way he can make it to 95.

Isnt the highest you can improve 7 ?

Last edited by NYJFan81; 08-25-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish we could NOT see the Potential rating for *any* players especially those not on our team.

Figure it out by playing your young guys... you know, like how they do it for real
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
ink
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJFan81
Wow this is fascinating and extremely disappointing. I cant believe EA would allow you to see if you A potential is an all time great.

Is there a way to determine if they will end up in the 95-99 range? I thought players progressions start to level off at year 3 or 4? There is a player who is a rookie but is only a 72 and he is third on ROLB list sorted by potential. If it truely does level off after 3-4 years there is no way he can make it to 95.

Isnt the highest you can improve 7 ?

I'm not sure if 7 is the highest you can improve. I did notice some rookies come in with a rating of 82 and 83, specifically 2 CBs, 1 RT and one LG. The WR in my game comes in at 78 rtg, but tops the whole NFL in potential. I imagine that means his ceiling is unlimited and he will reach a 99.

I think I will do some more investigation by simming multiple seasons tonight and see if they truly can reach their potential rating.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
I'm not sure if 7 is the highest you can improve. I did notice some rookies come in with a rating of 82 and 83, specifically 2 CBs, 1 RT and one LG. The WR in my game comes in at 78 rtg, but tops the whole NFL in potential. I imagine that means his ceiling is unlimited and he will reach a 99.

I think I will do some more investigation by simming multiple seasons tonight and see if they truly can reach their potential rating.

A little more insight into this would be benefitial. I wonder if he can reach 99 from a 78 start. It would be something if he does might officially break me on this game.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
I wish we could NOT see the Potential rating for *any* players especially those not on our team.

Figure it out by playing your young guys... you know, like how they do it for real
Exactly, I don't really want to see OVR ratings either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »