Home

Funny incorrect info in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Funny incorrect info in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
The Senator

buckeye02's Arena

OVR: 31
Funny incorrect info in Madden 11

Im sure this has been mentioned before since it concerns the best player in the game.

But has anyone noticed that a lot of players draft info is wrong, like Peyton Manning's says the he was drafted 1st overall in teh 1997 NFL draft. And Donovan McNabb says 2nd overall in the 1998 draft?

Not a big deal or game killer, but I beg to ask teh question. Why even put this in the game if its going to be the wrong info. The best player in the game, Peyton Manning is wrong.

Like they say on NFL Live, C'MON MAN!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Funny incorrect info in Madden 11

Hadn't noticed this...someone at EA isn't doing their research. If you remember, they actually had to patch in the draft info in Madden 10. They seem to really struggle with some of the smaller details sometimes.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Attention to detail has never been ea's strong suit
Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Im sure this has been mentioned before since it concerns the best player in the game.

But has anyone noticed that a lot of players draft info is wrong, like Peyton Manning's says the he was drafted 1st overall in teh 1997 NFL draft. And Donovan McNabb says 2nd overall in the 1998 draft?

Not a big deal or game killer, but I beg to ask teh question. Why even put this in the game if its going to be the wrong info. The best player in the game, Peyton Manning is wrong.

Like they say on NFL Live, C'MON MAN!
Peyton Manning is not the best player in the NFL. The best player in the NFL wouldn't have cost his team the Superbowl on back to back drives [throwing the pick 6 and failing to tie the game up on the next drive.] He isn't even the best QB in the NFL.

Revis, Willis, and Brees [not in any order] are the best players in the NFL. Manning is great, Manning is amazing, but Manning is not the best. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't point to his accomplishments while throwing out his faults. you can't say "4 MVP trophies=best palyer ever" with out acknowledging one was a co-MVP with McNair [which should just be Steve's, R.I.P.] and that he shouldn't have won it this year, Favre or Brees should have. Also, the MVP trophy is much like heiseman, it's completly biased towards QB's and HBs. Jerry Rice is thought of by many to be the single greatest player in NFL history and never won an MVP. That should be evidence enough of the award's bias. In 2000 Ray Lewis didn't win the MVP, Marshall Faulk did. I could go on and on. Anyone who thinks Manning is the best player in Football or the best QB of all time really needs to take a step back and look at things critically. I don't claim to be 100% correct and these are my opinions, but I try to have the most informed and unbiased opinion I can. Saying Manning is not the best of all time doesn't mean I don't think he isn't one of the best of all time, which he is.

In fact, did you know that DT Alan Page [Vikings] and OLB Lawrence Taylor [Giants] are the only non-QB/non-HB winners of the MVP award in the history of the NFL? Does that mean that only QB's, HB's are truly valuable, with the exception of two players?

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-23-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Peyton Manning is not the best player in the NFL. The best player in the NFL wouldn't have cost his team the Superbowl on back to back drives [throwing the pick 6 and failing to tie the game up on the next drive.] He isn't even the best QB in the NFL.

Revis, Willis, and Brees [not in any order] are the best players in the NFL. Manning is great, Manning is amazing, but Manning is not the best. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't point to his accomplishments while throwing out his faults. you can't say "4 MVP trophies=best palyer ever" with out acknowledging one was a co-MVP with McNair [which should just be Steve's, R.I.P.] and that he shouldn't have won it this year, Favre or Brees should have. Also, the MVP trophy is much like heiseman, it's completly biased towards QB's and HBs. Jerry Rice is thought of by many to be the single greatest player in NFL history and never won an MVP. That should be evidence enough of the award's bias. In 2000 Ray Lewis didn't win the MVP, Marshall Faulk did. I could go on and on. Anyone who thinks Manning is the best player in Football or the best QB of all time really needs to take a step back and look at things critically. I don't claim to be 100% correct and these are my opinions, but I try to have the most informed and unbiased opinion I can. Saying Manning is not the best of all time doesn't mean I don't think he isn't one of the best of all time, which he is.
I am assuming that you are a 49ers fan due to your emblem....but I honestly really do think that Patrick Willis may be the best "Football Player" in football right now.. I don't know if that is who you are referring to, but when you get that type of speed and power (Im talking about running down #1 wide receivers from behind) you just cant defend against that kind of thing, he truly is a game changer so he is my pick as "the #1 player in the NFL and Drew Brees is like #1 1/2 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Not even close to the main purpose of this thread.

Back on top well how about all the incorrect stuff the ref says when he calls a plenty and says repeat 4th down when it's really 1st and 10.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
The Senator

buckeye02's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

LMAO, ok guy Peyton Manning is no good. I guess even the best quaterbacks are never allowed to throw ints. Manning is the best player in the NFL, get over yourself.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
LMAO, ok guy Peyton Manning is no good. I guess even the best quaterbacks are never allowed to throw ints. Manning is the best player in the NFL, get over yourself.
Yeah, that's totally what I said:

Quote:
Saying Manning is not the best of all time doesn't mean I don't think he isn't one of the best of all time, which he is.
You receive minus two reading points. Thanks for playing.

Talking with people like you is a waste of time. There is no discussion. You want to give me reasons why you think he is so great, go for it. What is it about Manning that is better than Brees? Better than how Favre played last year? better than Willis or Revis? What is it?

Quote:
I guess even the best quaterbacks are never allowed to throw ints.
that isn't what I said, and you completely missed the point. I am off topic a bit, but I'm not going to just read that manning "is teh greatest evar" and let it go.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-23-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »