Home

Am I the only one?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Am I the only one?

Quick history on myself in the OS forums. I have simply not enjoyed Madden in the next gen era.

I have posted some displeasure at Ian, making predictions about how the title will sell. I was pretty accurate every single year.

Now comes Madden 11, and I see a lot of threads in the direction of negativity.

To be honest Im slightly surprised.

This is the 1st Madden I have enjoyed a great deal. I have seen many threads about coverage, and sacking the Qb, and other concerns, but I have been able to remedy those issues easily with the sliders in this game.

Im simply loving Madden 11, and I was wondering am I the only one of the gamers from the past that has had a hatred for Madden since the birth of the XBOX 360, and PS3. That now enjoys this Madden?

Im just finding it hard to see how some can not enjoy this game. Is anyone else out there now enjoying this game? That did not enjoy any of them from the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Am I the only one?

No, Im right there with you. I am finding more and more 2k guys that are enjoying this madden while it seems like the madden fans are calling it 10.5.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Well, I'm a 90% online player and the lack of pass D makes the game feel like Arena Football. Punts are non-existent, FG's are failed drives, & turnovers are **** b/c of how impossible pass D is. It seems like the team w/ more possessions always wins. ALWAYS. The last minutes of halves are chess matches deciding who will get the ball last b/c a possession is essentially a TD in this game. Hopefully the upcoming patch improves this issue.

Offline, however, is enjoyable w/ sliders. I love playing in defensive struggles against my bro.

Why did it block out e p i c?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

My money is on the OS team locking this post up and saying impressions thread.
Mets
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love this version of Madden. Already played franchise mode 10x more than previous years based solely on how I like the game play more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Well, I'm a 90% online player and the lack of pass D makes the game feel like Arena Football. Punts are non-existent, FG's are failed drives, & turnovers are **** b/c of how impossible pass D is. It seems like the team w/ more possessions always wins. ALWAYS. The last minutes of halves are chess matches deciding who will get the ball last b/c a possession is essentially a TD in this game. Hopefully the upcoming patch improves this issue.

Offline, however, is enjoyable w/ sliders. I love playing in defensive struggles against my bro.

Why did it block out e p i c?
inside joke with the mods. There is a thread in the non-sports board about E P I C mickey and for the longest time I thought the thread starter had named it "s-word Mickey".

To the OP, this Madden is the best the game has been on the field in pretty much forever. Last year was a good effort, but the flats issue and telegraphed cpu blitzes ultimately made the game way too easy, which hurt the longevity.

Hopefully we see as much attention to passing as we saw to running, and they drop in whatever (hopefully) awesome franchise mode they've been toiling away on for 2 or 3 years.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamertom
My money is on the OS team locking this post up and saying impressions thread.

I just dont get why the mods close almost every new thread which brings out good points and place them at the back of stickys which ends up having those points lost.

Mods IMO should take a step back and let the board take shape. (no offense intended)

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Clearly the best Madden since 2005. Now are there issues? Of course. And it is mainly with online play. They need to patch it up. They also need to work hard on online and offline franchise (big time). But the game plays really good for the most part.

One thing though I am noticing more and more and more. WTF happened to Pro Tak this year? It is a train wreck. Guys are just falling down all over the place. NCAA 2011 has it down. Loco Motion is also bugging out the special teams players. Guys are just stopping in their tracks. It is way to easy to run kicks back by exploiting this. And let'snot talk about the secondary DBs also just stopping in their tracks.

But I would hope EA fixes the glitches with a couple of big patches.

Again the problem they have is they are under the gun to put out a game each and every year which causes this stuff to get released on the retail copy and then they spend months patching.

But to the point it is the best Madden I have played since 2005 and gameplay wise is the second best ever despite all these glitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »