Home

Anybody successfully juggle both games?

This is a discussion on Anybody successfully juggle both games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
Anybody successfully juggle both games?

It's become a ritual...kind of a rite of passage into fall and football season. My brother and I get NCAA and enjoy the heck out of it. Madden comes out, and we get that as well. College dies at this point, and Madden follows suit because I have felt it is stale and not as fun to play. Madden has wrecked our football video gaming year after year.

Is this year different? I really like NCAA this year because the online dynasty is great. My brother and I have had several arguments over whether or not to get Madden. Him...why ruin a good thing? Me...Madden is out and I have to have it (even though I know what might happen).

This year is the first year that I haven't bought Madden on day 1. I stood firm...felt pretty good about it too. However, I broke down last night and I bought it. It's still in the wrapper. This isn't about money. I'm not a kid, and I am picky about what I spend my gaming time on.

Does anybody understand this dilema? Does anybody play both and have success? I've never been able to do that because usually Madden is more refined in animations and graphics and I just couldn't go back to NCAA, but it seems this year may be different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

daniel80111's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anybody successfully juggle both games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
It's become a ritual...kind of a rite of passage into fall and football season. My brother and I get NCAA and enjoy the heck out of it. Madden comes out, and we get that as well. College dies at this point, and Madden follows suit because I have felt it is stale and not as fun to play. Madden has wrecked our football video gaming year after year.

Is this year different? I really like NCAA this year because the online dynasty is great. My brother and I have had several arguments over whether or not to get Madden. Him...why ruin a good thing? Me...Madden is out and I have to have it (even though I know what might happen).

This year is the first year that I haven't bought Madden on day 1. I stood firm...felt pretty good about it too. However, I broke down last night and I bought it. It's still in the wrapper. This isn't about money. I'm not a kid, and I am picky about what I spend my gaming time on.

Does anybody understand this dilema? Does anybody play both and have success? I've never been able to do that because usually Madden is more refined in animations and graphics and I just couldn't go back to NCAA, but it seems this year may be different.
Being a fellow Bronco fan I just had to get it to play with Tebow. haha That's why you broke down in the end.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Rookie

mechbutcher's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel your pain and right there with you. I too have been enjoying NCAA and wasn't going to buy madded. But I also crumbled last night and bought it. And Love it to. And now the question is will i be able to keep going on both. Not sure how its going to turn out but the wife probally wont like it. lol. This year the game play is more alike which makes it easier and the controls are almost the same. Alot easier to keep your game strong on both games this year.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am like you. When Madden came out last year, I stopped playing NCAA. This year NCAA is amazing and I don't want to ruin it. I doubt I will because I have some solid ODs going on right now. I did';t buy Madden on day one this year either for the first time in awhile, but I bought it for $50 the other day and it should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Its not that I need Madden,. I need the NFL and my Redskins....

― Plato
Old 08-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Its not that I need Madden,. I need the NFL....
Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

What is this NCAA you speak of?

*goes back to playing Madden*
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I juggle both really well and have been over the last few years NCAA was on next gen. I'm a big dynasty and franchise guy and love drafting and playing with my college players on madden and also watching them progress on other teams. Import draft class has been my favorite feature put into madden.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Get in one solid OD in both... that's all I play.

I have my own OD on NCAA which is running smooth. Despite the fact that the gameplay on Madden is better, I enjoy the college football experience and the community on NCAA so I keep going back for that OD.

Then I have the OSVets Franchise on Madden that I'm a part of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »