Home

Impressions of Madden 11 after E3

This is a discussion on Impressions of Madden 11 after E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Madden 11 after E3
After E3, I am more optimistic about Madden 11, and can't wait to see the final build 28 17.18%
After E3, I still see way too many flaws in the game, and there is very little chance I buy Madden. 76 46.63%
After E3, I still feel the same way. (positive or negative) 59 36.20%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Impressions of Madden 11 after E3

Now it is still early, but just want thoughts on the subject.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Impressions of Madden 11 after E3

Hard to get excited when all they are doing is adding things that should have been in the game years ago. Madden is a huge disappointment this generation. Side note they really need to get rid of pro tak, it looks horrible.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Not feeling it this year. Looks the same as last year, I will buy just because but it's not like it's anything we haven't seen before.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I like what I've seen. I lowered my expectations, but Madden 10 was a solid effort. For me, they improved the audio, commentary, and presentation, as well as some nagging things like blocking, toe-dragging, etc. That's enough to generate tons of replay value for me.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Is it just me or are non of these people using gameflow in the E3 videos. Is it not in the E3 build or are people just switching the play calling mode.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I think that for the E3 build, they're not actually making a gameplan for it to use, so it's just calling random plays...hence why no one is using it instead of calling their own plays...Seems counterproductive to have your big feature this year be unusable at the Expo because of the limitations of the venue...

I'm not sure though..I think I remember reading that on one of the Hands-On Previews...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

The problem is there was no BIG announcements at E3, most of us who follow the title every year already knew what to expect. I'm still disappointed, but that's because there were no improvements to offline and online franchise, again we were already aware of that. The only addition or improvement I'm even slightly keeping a positive view on is the improved blocking. The rest of what was done to the game is inconsequential to me because I view them as gimmicks rather than improvements, and I really have no interest in the 3vs3 online. I'll wait for the demo before I make any final judgment, but Madden at E3 did not sway me either way.

I was more impressed by the MMA title by EA simply because it has Live Broadcast. (And I don't care for MMA AT ALL)...Madden online franchise could definitely have used that.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 06-17-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm looking forward to madden 11 and can't wait for the demo and the game itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »