Home

Official Petition to put Online Scouting in Online Franchise!

This is a discussion on Official Petition to put Online Scouting in Online Franchise! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should Online Scouting be a part of OF?
Yes 32 94.12%
No 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Official Petition to put Online Scouting in Online Franchise!

The ESPN article quoted Phil Frazier as saying they didn't put Online Scouting in OF because it is the "social" part of Online Madden. Isn't that more the reason to bring scouting in? At least as an option? If you have a group of 32 guys that you have a OF with, those are the hardcore guys, the guys that want to scout their division rival in that big game, the guys that want to scout the outer conference opponent they only see every 4 seasons. This feature would be even more useful in OF than in ranked games. So let your voice be heard and lets get this changed!

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official Petition to put Online Scouting in Online Franchise!

Yeah, I really don't understand why they would think this wouldn't be relevant for online franchsie. When I saw the article I thought, "ok I guess this game is a must buy now." Until I got to the part where it said that opponent scouting would not be available in online franchise. Since I started playing online franchise I've been hoping for this feature. And now they actually put it in but not for online franchise?!

I'm not gonna talk about my hope or lack thereof that this feature can/will still be implemented for franchise in M11 but at least I can let my voice be heard.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #3
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

whoever voted no, it would be nice if you explained why? Voting no just because you don't care either way isn't cool,

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

They will have to change this!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Agreed

I don't care about how some randomer in a ranked game played because ranked games are terrible. I care about how my buddies play in online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

this might be wishful thinking but im hoping they didn't add it becuz there adding something else to it ... i mean i no it sounds dumb but that really is the onlything that makes sense to me ... so im keeping my fingers crossed
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Unless they are making it so you'll be able to see your opponent's tendencies before you play them in franchise, like the older games had, this is a mistake IMHO.

It's incredibly disheartening to hear where they consider the hardcore areas of the game to be- and I don't think it's too much of a leap in logic to assume if franchise is considered "social", they aren't going to be too eager to put the complicated things into that mode that the majority of this board clamours for. (I know they said online franchise, not offline, so I'm jumping to conclusions there).

If you step back for a second, the developers are following the prevailing logic of the day, shown so well with MW2. "Yes, let's give them a bit of offline game, with suitably flashy moments, but the meat and potatoes is you facing off against another guy and proving your skills, taking on all comers. And not playing against your friends, but teaming up WITH them to face the world!" (if the 3 on 3 team play a la Fifa comes into it).

The sad thing is, this scouting thing is one of the most interesting ways to avoid the money play brigade I have seen in any game ever. They won't boot players, because that would cost them cash, so they've tried to find ways to encourage people to play within the spirit of the game. It's a nice touch, and attaching it to rewards for not dcing is clever too.

I like Madden games a lot, but I find less reason to play them for a long time these days, because EA are encouraging me with every fibre of their coding to play infinite play now online - and in a world where you couldn't exploit the game and then tell everyone on Youtube to spread the word, the things they are doing would be lauded.

TL;DR version - just put everything in every mode please, EA, and quit lollygagging and show me the offline franchise "deeper"
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

If they have it in, it should be an option for the league commishner to turn on/off...As with everything in life Options are a good thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »