Home

"Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

This is a discussion on "Not Open for Trade talks!". . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should Madden 11 make certain players unavailable to trades?
Yes 36 53.73%
No 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
"Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

I believe that Madden 11 should bring an end to the days where teams are trading away their "Star Players" and "Players of the future" by implementing a new tag to certain individuals. . NOT OPEN FOR TRADE TALKS. .

Coaches say this all the time and it would be the perfect way to fix Maddens current problem (specifically in franchise mode) of being able to build your team off of the 31 others teams.

Heres who I feel should receive this tag. .
  • Franchise Quarterbacks
  • Franchise Runningbacks
  • 95+ Overall Players
  • Team Captains
  • Players who recently received long term deals
I think this would be a small feature with a big impact to Madden's franchise mode. . What do you guys think??

No longer should Players like Patrick Willis,
who just received a long term contract
(Also a 95+ overall player), be available for
a trade.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: "Not Open for Trade talks!". . .

I would really like to know what some of the community day people think about this. . Because I know they're the only chance that something like this could be put in the game.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Wow!. . This idea never really dawned on me. . It would be very realistic. . maybe too realistic to some people but I like it. . No longer would you be able to turn a 1-15 team into a 16-0 team in one off season just by trading for everybodys top players.. . Im all for it!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

It would have to be done right. I still want things like:

Farve trade
Cutler Trade
McNabb trade
Russell release
etc.

Things do happen to apparent franchise QBs. It should happen in madden.

Also, there should be a way to turn it off UNLESS THEY FINALLY ALLOW ROSTER EDITING DURING AN OFFLINE FRANCHISE.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Basically, if you don't want to build your team off the other 31 teams, don't make unrealistic trades. A lot of franchise mode buffs put restrictions on themselves to create a sense of realism.

Other people who plunk down $60 for Madden may want to make whatever trades they wish, unrealistic or not. They shouldn't be punished by someone else's definition of how a franchise should be run.

Heck, the first franchises I ever ran were fantasy-drafted teams. I don't do it anymore, but I know guys who have fun doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I think it would be awesome to have as an option. I'd definitely use it. However, little Johnny may want to build an All-Star team with the Cowboy's. He might also want AP as his running-back so, who am I to tell him that he can't do what he wants to with his game. So give it to us but, make it an option!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't really care about what some other guy does with his franchise. I just don't attempt to trade for franchise QBs. I don't think it's possible even in Madden to build a Hall of Fame-type team just from trades, but hey, if some dude wants to try that, best of luck to him.

Essentially, any team can trade any player at any time before the trade deadline, so that just has to be in the game. If a team can be built using only trades, that's a trade logic problem and in that case, trade logic should be improved. So no, I don't agree.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Don't GM's listen to pretty much any offer in real life, though? They should just make it harder to get those players. Like, I should have to give up a couple 1's and a good player to get someone really great.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »