Home

Old 04-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Speeeedd

Weren't they trying to eliminate speed as being the most important attribute for a player to have last year? that didnt work out so well... I would find myself becoming Al Davis in the draft room always opting for the fastest players because that's what made the most impact in the games. However, the Raiders have not benefited from this strategy in recent years and therefore I dont think I should either.

I would like to actually want a LB because he's instinctive and tackles everything and makes everyone around him better (unfortunately there isnt a leadership rating in the game. player roles used to come close to this). for instance, brandon spikes coming out this year, ran a 5 sec 40 yd dash this year. I would NEVER take him for my franchise because his speed would only be a liability. but he ended up going in the 2nd round to the patriots because he is a football player. this sort of thing doesnt exist in the madden world. *sigh*

knowing they are working to make the acceleration and agility ratings actually mean something in gameplay is comforting but I feel like they have been promising this sort of thing every year. always a statement along the lines of, "we are really trying to make the ratings mean something this year"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Speeeedd

I have to agree, the biggest thing I think is that AWR should sort of be used for leadership and intangibles type stuff

on defense this can be different from PRC and that should be heavily weighted for LBs

Speed should be a factor, but right now it is the only factor and that should not be the case!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »