Home

How come us franchise guys cant get what we want?

This is a discussion on How come us franchise guys cant get what we want? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How come us franchise guys cant get what we want?

I mean I don't know where to start. I've been hooked to franchise mode since madden 2002. I didnt even know what franchise meant. I clicked the mode not knowing what it was and reached the end of the first season. Thinking it was all over. But I got a great surprise when I noticed that i could continue on.

After it all sunk in I just felt this great amazing feeling of power and joy. I never felt so good in my life. I was hooked and as a 12 year old I didn't have any expectations. It was just the best thing ever. I just knew it was.

Then the ps2 and xbox and gamecubes came out and i enjoyed those times so much. Then came the 360 versions and it was the worst experience of my life.

I dont want to go into anymore painful detail but I just got a simple question man. Why can't us franchise guys get what we want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: How come us franchise guys cant get what we want?

it's all about online now. offline Franchise is quickly becoming an afterthought and that does bite, yes.
i NEVER play online. just don't enjoy it. oh well.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can go either way with online and offline play. I hate how people usually start to play and then leave before even picking a team.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I love playing offline franchise, but I'm curious what others expect in offline franchise? I personally don't want Head Coach (tried it, hated it) features. I don't want to manage stadium parking / food sells and stuff along those lines. I would like the ability to better understand my CAP penalties as this bit me hard in M10, and I would like the ability to structure my contract offers differently (front loaded / back loaded) in order to manage the CAP.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

I really hope we get alot of the features we've been asking for 5 years. Maybe Ian and co. will be like "let's put this in..they asked for it but lets make it right", "lets go ahead and implement this now..we have the resources, and OS has been asking for years about it" , etc etc.

I'm not holding my breath because for whatever reason they keep implementing NEW features while leaving the aspects that make a great football game, broken.

Let us hope!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

When the vast majority of your consumer base is 'online-oriented', you better commit a vast majority of your resources to 'online'.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
When the vast majority of your consumer base is 'online-oriented', you better commit a vast majority of your resources to 'online'.
Vast majority isn't online oriented, the 76% in the article means they have an online connection, not that they play online.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I tried online, it was horrible for me. A guy just kept standing up his d-lineman moving him to the LB level, and sacking me. I had to play to a whole game throwing to the flats. Wasn't fun at all.

I think all online is missing is as Valdarez said, an ability to offer different contracs (as was in the other game), and to better see cap hits. Relocation would be cool, if they didn't make you change your team name and redesign your jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »