Home

Been away from football video games awhile: What is Madden 10 like?

This is a discussion on Been away from football video games awhile: What is Madden 10 like? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Been away from football video games awhile: What is Madden 10 like?

I fully realize this is always a loaded question on forums like this, but I have not played video football games since the exclusive license went down and I tried the first 2K All-Pro title. I briefly demo'd Madden last year, but did not buy it.

I find myself now missing football on my Xbox and am hoping to get some clear, level-headed impressions from those of you that continue to play Madden for your NFL fix.

There are always little issues with all these titles, so I guess I'm just looking for the Cliff's Notes on any glaring issues with gameplay versus the CPU, including Franchise Mode and any glaring, game-breaking exploits that might ruin online head-to-head play.

Can anyone take a second to help me out?

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Been away from football video games awhile: What is Madden 10 like?

The issues with gameplay vs the cpu are money plays working too well. The CPU blitzes like CRAZY and you can really destroy them with screens and quick passes to the flats. What compounds the problem is that players take really bad pursuit angles, so not only are they wide open in the flats, but they'll take it for huge gains.

I'm having alot of fun picking my plays from the Ask Madden section, there are 6 choices. It gives the cpu more of a chance.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
I fully realize this is always a loaded question on forums like this, but I have not played video football games since the exclusive license went down and I tried the first 2K All-Pro title. I briefly demo'd Madden last year, but did not buy it.

I find myself now missing football on my Xbox and am hoping to get some clear, level-headed impressions from those of you that continue to play Madden for your NFL fix.

There are always little issues with all these titles, so I guess I'm just looking for the Cliff's Notes on any glaring issues with gameplay versus the CPU, including Franchise Mode and any glaring, game-breaking exploits that might ruin online head-to-head play.

Bro, you the same Hostile from the old football_gaming site?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Banned

It's def. better than the last few years..if you haven't played in a few years, you will probobly like it and have alot of fun. That said, there are alot of things that drive me crazy about the gameplay. For instance, see the thread Ratings and the Easter Bunny.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Rookie

drae, it's been so long I can't recall. Hostile 17 was a handle I've had even going back to Usenet in 99-2000. I've been registered here for some time, as you can see, even though I dropped out of OS awhile ago.

Sounds like we still have money plays (which I assume are exploited fanatically online in H2H) and AI glitches. That is nothing new with football games, particularly Madden. I was just looking for anything truly game-breaking, like d-linemen sprinting into the backfield by lining up super wide or franchise bugs that are game-killing, like the draft glitches of a few years back.

It sounds like from that EA blog they are trying to do download-able updates to actual gameplay fixes inseason? Did I read that right?

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

the CPU blitzing is terrible, but ive found using hardcore playcalling instead of advanced playcalling fixes that (i dunno... just a really weird bug).

there are a few things that still bother me, but i still enjoy playing it. its def a big improvement over last years game.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:14 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17

Madden 10 is a good game of football..nevermind the slew of haters and complainers around here and believe me..they try their hardest to make their presence known.

I was a HUGE 2k5 fan..totally loved the game and 2k5 was litterly riddled with issues but yet i still had alot of fun with it. Its safe to say that madden10 also is riddled with issues but the main factor for me is that Madden 10 is alot of fun. Remember the past maddens, how dead and drab they felt? Well madden 10 is ALOT of fun now thanks to its presentation and player emotion within the gameplay.

Now i will say this..if your one of these guys around here that go looking for flaws, bugs and glitches every tijme you fire up a game...you wont like the game ..just because those that keep an open eye at all times looking for something wrong with a videogame never get any enjoyment of a game for the fact that they are determined to find flaws, bugs and glitches and never realize the good things about the game and are blinded to the improvements made from previous years. And i'll be honest..you dont gotta go looking for flaws to fine them in madden..they are there but the game is loads of fun and it plays a good game of pigskin. This is the first year since NFL2k5 that im actually having fun playing a NFL videogame.

Simply put..if your a "true" gamer looking for fun and excitement out of a football game..you WILL enjoy madden10. If your a glitch hunter or expect perfection down to a T...its time to hang up your gamepad and find a new hobby because your never gonna find that in madden10 nor any other game for the matter.

There are stat issues, some AI issues,etc in Madden10 although patch 2 looks to really fix alot of the more glarring issues and even so..right now with some slider tweaking..Madden10 is one hell of a football game.

Remember now.. i said nevermind the haters around here and never forget hate and negativity sticks out like a sore thumb regardless if there are far more people in here that enjoy the game then dont and trust me..there are far more people in here that enjoy madden10 then dont...its just that the negative people make their presence known otherwise they cant sleep tidy at nite

Peace

Last edited by Moegames; 10-18-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

i love this madden.. yes it has little problems with the AI but its still fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »