Home

Franchise Re-Signing Player Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Re-Signing Player Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Re-Signing Player Question

Ok well I just got done with my 4th year in my Browns franchise and lost in the AFC Championship game against the Colts, 35-33 final after missing on a 2 Pt Conv. Funny how it was the Colts vs Giants, Manning vs Manning, anyways Giants won 17-10 with some impressive Defense.

Now onto my resigning area, why Is is that after I'm done picking the players I wanted to resign, there is only one option I can do, to simulate right? Well when i'm done simulating and it goes to free agency I check the players on my team and some of the players I was going to let go have now been resigned when I simulated it, why is that? Like for instance, I have a generated player off the draft classes as a kicker going to his 3rd year and I'm trying to let go of Phil Dawson this year, when I don't resign him and simulate it to go to free agency, It has him signed to my team....any help?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Re-Signing Player Question

That has happened to me too man. I think it may be a glitch. It has happened only twice or maybe three times, but sometimes when i dont resign a player on purpose then i check my rosters later on and he's there signed to a big *** contract
Old 10-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Go into Franchise Options and make sure that the CPU help for Resign Players, Draft Players, Fill Rosters, etc. are all turned off. It sounds like the CPU is helping you out with Player Personnel management.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Go to Game Options and there will be like five catagories with the option of user for cpu and one of them will be resign player. The default setting is cpu, you need to change it to user.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan2009
Go to Game Options and there will be like five catagories with the option of user for cpu and one of them will be resign player. The default setting is cpu, you need to change it to user.
You have to do this if you sign a new head coach as well.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah they^^^^ are right.Even if you had them on USER sometimes it changes.
Best thing to do is when you get ready to resign check those options first just to make sure.This bug has been in Madden for 3 or more years now
Old 10-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Yeah... When you sign a new head coach, the franchise options change to CPU. You need to change them back to USER... always check after the coach signing part of the offseason.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

After reading that this problem is still in this version like it was in the past I have a question to ask.

My question is this do you have to change your coaches back to cpu controlled before they get let go if there contract is up or if you fire them?

I ask because one years version if you let your coaches stay human controlled and a computer team picked him up that computer team would never fill there roster. You couldnt sim a game after that happend in previous versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »