Home

Am I the only one not playing this game?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one not playing this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Am I the only one not playing this game?

I bought Madden 10 on launch day and have played it maybe 3 times. I just can't play it knowing that it's broken. I hate that I shelled out $60.00 for this and I want to play but can't bring myself to do it. I will wait it out for the patches and hopefully the offline franchise will be playable, but until then it's just sitting there collecting dust. Am I the only one?

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one not playing this game?

nope!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

no youre not..ive played about 15 online games and half an offline season(simmed rest)..then i just got bored and frustrated
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Im in an online franchise so I still play that. I was playing multiple games a day but it simply got to the point where it was not fun anymore. I was forcing myself to play for awhile but then figured if I wasnt having fun, what was the point. When EA fixes the game so that I control my own destiny, I will start playing regularly again. That means an end to backs arbitrarily breaking out of 3 man tackles for long touchdowns, no more balls clipping/morphing through my defenders hands into the receivers hands, no more of my back getting stuffed in the backfield due to two linemen and my fb running right past him, no more of my ai defenders running away from ball carriers allowing them to get more yards, and etc.

Im sick of random events that I have no control over dictating whether I win or lose online. EA and the madden producers are lucky I dont have a camcorder because if I did I would flood youtube with videos showing in detail just how whack this game can be. Theres have been many games that have had me contemplating going out and just buying a camcorder just to record the horrible occurrences in this game.

Funny thing is, that this game has so much potential and just when you think its not that bad, some bs happens that makes you want to snap the game in half. I was playing a head to head game last night with a friend and the game was tied 31-31. He was on offense with time running down trying to drive down field. Im controlling the linebacker the whole time and I see Antonia Gates coming across the middle. I play Gates the whole time, he throws it, I jump to defend the pass and Gates catches it anyway for like a 35 yard gain. Im wondering how in the hell Gates catches it and I go into instant replay and sure enough I should have had the pick or at least a bat down but Gates hands and part of his body clip/morph through mine allowing him to catch it. Now luckily my friend was out of timeouts so the game ended and we went into overtime where I won, but If he had one timeout left he would have called it and kicked a fg and won from a completely BS play that should not have happened.

That is the type of bs I am sick of. Im tired of factors beyond my control determining the outcome of the game. What is the point of me playing if I have to worry about some random bs that I cant control affecting the outcome? Where is the fun in that? Where is the fun in me wrapping up a running back behind the line of scrimmage with 2-3 guys and having him just Hulk up and bust out for a TD? Does that sound like fun? Ian Cummings actually thought that would be enjoyable? If Im playing the cpu (which I dont) I dont really care so much but when Im playing a human opponent, I dont need or want stupid **** like that that I cant do anything about happening.

Last edited by kingzfan2000; 09-22-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Nope... I have put in about 75+ hrs just in exhibition games or practice messing with sliders trying and hoping to get the game to play decent.

MLB the show 09 came with my PS3 and I never opened it bc I was gonna sell it. Decided this week Madden is a lost cause and opened it today bought some other ps3 games to fill the void that madden is complete trash/garbage.

I go to MLB the shows forums and cant find any compliants. You look at the madden board and all it is, is complaints and problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I've made the franchise mode semi-functional by controlling all 32 teams, so I've found moderate amusement from it, but the football can be so horrendous.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I did the same thing as you. I play it about once a week now. I'm actually going to trade it in for Fifa 10
Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I haven't been playing either. Terrible blocking, terrible pursuit angles, way too many broken tackles and no real precision passing. Unless this patch turns madden 10 into a whole new game, video football is officially dead for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »