Home

Rate my draft with the KC Chiefs

This is a discussion on Rate my draft with the KC Chiefs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Rate my draft with the KC Chiefs

Simmed the season and finished 6-10, mostly due to Matt Cassel going down with a torn hamstring and also trading away Larry Johnson for Cincinnati's first and 2nd round picks in the draft.

1st Round, Pick 1 – Jordan Shipley, WR/Texas OVR: 83 POT: A
1st Round, Pick 4 – Sam Young, RT/Notre Dame OVR: 77 POT: A
2nd Round, Pick 1 – Lee Grimes, G/Texas A&M OVR: 70 POT: A
2nd Round, Pick 4 – Riley Cooper, WR/Florida OVR: 73 POT: B
3rd Round, Pick 4 – Rico McCoy, OLB/Tennessee OVR: 64 POT: B
4th Round, Pick 4 – Jordan Lake, FS/Baylor OVR: 61 POT: B
5th Round, Pick 4 – Thomas Austin, C/Clemson OVR: 57 POT: C
6th Round, Pick 4 – Ted Larson, G/NC State OVR: 53 POT: C
7th Round, Pick 4 – Keaton Kristick, OLB/Oregon State OVR: 50 POT: C

My main needs were WR and OL. I think I still need help with my OL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rate my draft with the KC Chiefs

good draft but the trade seems bogus imo...1st and 4th at best but even thats iffy given Larry Johnsons age etc.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not to bad!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

good draft larry johnson trade is ******** for the bengals. u r exploiting the cpu.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

I made a decision to only do trades that were on the trade block, as to not exploit the CPU.

Around Week 5 I put Larry Johnson up on the trade block just to see what I could get for him, maybe a solid OL or something. I was shocked I got the offer from the Bengals for their 1st and 2nd round picks. I took it because it was a trade block deal. It wasnt like I set out to rob the CPU of picks.

Also, just a few notes on my guys.

- Both Jordan Shipley and Riley Cooper are 99 return guys. I have Shipley returning kicks and Cooper returning punts. In only his 2nd pre-season kick return, Shipley ran one to the house for me. I like him alot, but he cost me alot of money.

- I'm a little bit disappointed with both Sam Young and Lee Grimes, my first two choices to fill my OL. Although they have A potential, I investigated the other OL who were drafted early and almost all of them are mid-high 80s overall. Pretty upset that I missed out on some of those guys.

- All the guys with high 50 overalls and C potential will probably never see any playing time, I feel like I wasted those picks. Jordan Lake, my FS who I thought would be a steal in the 4th round, ended up being kind of useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am also a diehard Chiefs fan, however I have cleaned house with the roster. I traded Cassel/1st rounder for Stafford. Also traded Bobby Ingram and a 2nd for Hester, signed Marvin Harrison and traded him and a low pick for Percy Harvin... LJ and a couple others for McFadden/Heyward-Bey.. Tons of other trades but to make a long story short I went 16-0 in first season on All-Pro with no re-starts. Won the SB, traded DBowe for the #1 overall pick (don't know why Mia took that) and traded that for the #2 and minnesota's 2nd. Traded the #2 overall for Crabtree and San Francisco's 2nd round pick. I also traded jamaal charles, next years 1st (I don't plan on it being a good pick) for Bush. I turned Harvin and Hester in RB's, and my lineup is freaking stacked. Say what you want, but my roster (legit trades, force-trade NOT on) includes: Stafford, Heyward-Bey, Crabtree, Harvin, Maclin (also traded for him), Bush, Hester, McFadden. I run a shotgun set with Heyward-Bey and Crabtree on the outside, Bush, Harvin, Maclin inside and McFadden at tailback. Needless to say, my wildcat formation is off the chains as well.

I almost forgot to mention, I had 30 sacks with Tyson Jackson in a 3-4 defense as a rookie! Stick with Brandon Flowers and Derrick Johnson as they are all over the field. I had pick-6's with both vs Aaron Rodgers in the SB (DJ had 3 total picks, Rodgers threw 5 total).

Last edited by PlazaGamer; 09-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlazaGamer
I am also a diehard Chiefs fan, however I have cleaned house with the roster. I traded Cassel/1st rounder for Stafford. Also traded Bobby Ingram and a 2nd for Hester, signed Marvin Harrison and traded him and a low pick for Percy Harvin... LJ and a couple others for McFadden/Heyward-Bey.. Tons of other trades but to make a long story short I went 16-0 in first season on All-Pro with no re-starts. Won the SB, traded DBowe for the #1 overall pick (don't know why Mia took that) and traded that for the #2 and minnesota's 2nd. Traded the #2 overall for Crabtree and San Francisco's 2nd round pick. I also traded jamaal charles, next years 1st (I don't plan on it being a good pick) for Bush. I turned Harvin and Hester in RB's, and my lineup is freaking stacked. Say what you want, but my roster (legit trades, force trade not on) included: Stafford, Heyward-Bey, Crabtree, Harvin, Maclin (also traded for him), Bush, Hester, McFadden. I run a shotgun set with Heyward-Bey and Crabtree on the outside, Bush, Harvin, Maclin inside and McFadden at tailback. Needless to say, my wildcat formation is off the chains as well.

I almost forgot to mention, I had 30 sacks with Tyson Jackson in a 3-4 defense as a rookie! Stick with Brandon Flowers and Derrick Johnson as they are all over the field. I had pick-6's with both vs Aaron Rodgers in the SB (DJ had 3 total picks, Rodgers threw 5 total).

not how i enjoy the game, but thats the great thing about franchises. you can do whatever YOU like to do. its like a fantasy world. whats your salary cap like?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

Tyson Jackson is soo good. I love using him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »