Home

Sons of Anarchy Ad

This is a discussion on Sons of Anarchy Ad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Sons of Anarchy Ad

So I have played 2 games in my franchise this morning and just started another game and the first 5 plays an ad for sons of anarchy on FX has popped up each play. It just started doing this now. kind of annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Sons of Anarchy Ad

Sweet, I love SoA, probably my favorite show on TV. Much better than golf shoes at Kmart.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

One of my favorite shows. Its definitely BA
Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

Ya im not complaining about the show at all. but the fact i am about 20 plays deep now in this game right im in. and an ad for this has popped up each and every play.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 21

If your concerned , dont be , its perfectly normal. EA has stepped up its in game advertisement to include little boxes that cant be turned off.

Some people have said this just helps with the realism of the broadcast.

Personally, I think its a pathetic. I would go out of my way to not patronize a product who's company would be all for that kind of in your face marketing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
If your concerned , dont be , its perfectly normal. EA has stepped up its in game advertisement to include little boxes that cant be turned off.

Some people have said this just helps with the realism of the broadcast.

Personally, I think its a pathetic. I would go out of my way to not patronize a product who's company would be all for that kind of in your face marketing.
So are you saying you will not patronize EA or you will not patronize FX? It sounds like you are saying you don't have as much of a problem with EA as you do the advertisers that EA allowed to be in the game. I don't blame the advertisers, that is good business. It is a little shady what EA is doing by making us watch advertisements when we have already paid $60 for a product. It would be like having commercials on HBO. If they are going to have advertising, then the game should be free. The advertisers should foot the bill for the game as that is how advertising works in 99.9% of the rest of the market.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Banned

I like having ads pop up once in a while cause it does add to the realism. but i am in the 4th quarter now and this ad has popped up before EVERY single play. maybe 2 or 3 times is fine during a game.. but not every play of the game.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So are you saying you will not patronize EA or you will not patronize FX? It sounds like you are saying you don't have as much of a problem with EA as you do the advertisers that EA allowed to be in the game.
I have came to expect this from EA, a company I stopped patronizing long ago.

I dont watch SoA, nor would I now. Id rather not send a message to them that this type of force fed advertising works or is appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »