Home

Does "supersim" take the accelerated clock into account?

This is a discussion on Does "supersim" take the accelerated clock into account? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Does "supersim" take the accelerated clock into account?

Hi,

I have been playing with 12 min quaters with 15 second accelerated clock most of the time.

Then I recently switched to 15 min quaters with 25 second accelerated clock and started a franchise.

In week 2 as the Patriots I played the Jets, I was up 26-3 in the first half, so I decided to supersim to the end.

Well, I ended up with an astronomical number of yards passed, and 62 points. Winning 62-24.

Should simmed games be done with shorter quaters? I dont know if it was a fluke and I just killed the Jets (Rated 84 overall, so they're not THAT bad.) or such long quaters dont take the accelerated clock into account and inflate stats and score totals.

Any thoughts?

-Kev
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Does "supersim" take the accelerated clock into account?

Probably not.... seeing as it takes time off for XP's.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Probably not.... seeing as it takes time off for XP's.
So you're saying supersim does not take the accelerated clock into account, and will inflate stats and scores?

Or are you saying I don't need shorter quarters for super simmed games?

I mean when I look at stats and scores from simmed CPU games in my league; yardage and scores seem normal.

It's "supersimming" in a game I'm not sure about.

I mean if supersim does not take the accelerated clock into account, it would sim games with like 200+ total plays having occured... (when the norm is 120.)

Which obv will inflate scores and yardage...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

I guess the only way to know for sure to super sim one play and see if the play clock goes down by 10 or so seconds. Or if it goes down by like 30 seconds. (As it would if you were playing.)

Either way, it SHOULD be realistic regardless of simming or supersimming.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

It does take acc clock into account.

Since Madden is getting to easy, I'm just playing defense, and supersimming offense.

End up with a realistic number of plays, with 11 mins 20 acc. about 120-130 plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

i have supersimmed 15 min qtrs and have YET to have a team score less than 40. On average scores look like....56-35...48-38...even surpasing 65 points by teams that could never even reach that (KC, STL, DET).

So based on that info, i set qtrs to 8 or 9 mins and still get some stupid un-realistic score both TOO high and TOO low ...(Bal beat Cle 3-2...).

Finally, through this testing, i have also found out that in supersimmed games, there is a STUPID amount of KR/PR TD's. Welker returned 4 punts for TDs in a 12 min supersim game. This leads me to believe that THIS is where ALOT of the RB TDs are going. So i go into my franchise and check ST KR/PR and amzingly....I found that EVERY team in the NFL through 7 weeks has at least 1 player with a KR/PR TD. The top 3 for PR were Hester with 5...Welker with 4 and Cribbs with 3.....every other team had at least 1. As far a KR go, hester led here as well with 3...SO....

Through 7 weeks Hester has 8 KR/PR for TD's? On pace for 16+....Silly...This seems to be were score get jacked in franchise games and RB are being ROBBED of TDs. When you supersim 9/10 there is at least 1 KR/PR for a TD every single game. There are definitely issues with the code within this game....Cheezy BS if you ask me. That is when franchise stats are screwed...ST's!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Hmm..

Yeah regularly simmed games seem to have realistic scores no matter what quarter length and accel clock setting I use. (and beleivable rush and pass totals) As I look through my league I see simmed CPUvsCPU games with ranging scores from low (like 14-3) to games where boths teams scored in the 30's and 40's.

Then there is my (half super simmed) game against the Jets, where I finished with 62 points. 20 points over the highest score in my the NFL of any game played thus far in my Franchise.

It just seems weird. I like the supersim feature, but not if it is going to produce wacky results. Why can't it just work like a game simmed from my franchise menu's.

The 'in game supersim' just seems to get carried away sometimes.

But can someone confirm? The accelerated clock bleeds each play down in supersim? (I'm at work. lol)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
It does take acc clock into account.

Since Madden is getting to easy, I'm just playing defense, and supersimming offense.

End up with a realistic number of plays, with 11 mins 20 acc. about 120-130 plays.
Yeah but this happened to me with 15 min quarters. 11 minute quarters is much lower, 16 totals minutes of less game time occurs.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

But with 15 minute quarters, you're getting an unrealistc amount of plays. So therefore, far more offensive stats.

I get 110 plays, playing 11 mins 20 ACC clock, normally.

And about 120+ with 12 mins 25 acc clock normally.

The thing is, with the game, theres no empty time. Coz in the NFL time runs off b4 plays and stuff, and we get there instantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »