Home

As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

This is a discussion on As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
As We Wait For These Patches Where Do You Stand?

EA Sports was freaking awesome for a while. Madden, NCAA, Triple Play, Fight Night, and NBA Live where my favorite sports games. As time passed each of these series has fallen off imo for whatever reason. Triple Play doesn't exist, NBA 2k took Live's thunder, and Fight Night was ruined. Madden and NCAA where my last hopes (good thing football is my fav. sport).

Well we get to this generation of games and ea has totally crapped the bed with regards to their football games. I don't even want to go into this exclusivity bs but i can say with 100% honesty that ea is ruining football gaming for me. This was the first year that i skipped my fav. game NCAA. I finally played NCAA last week and it was like someone kicked my dog.

i said to myself before these games dropped that since i knew NCAA was going to be bad Madden was going to be the last chance ea gets from me. the previews had me excited and i really liked the game at first. however, as time passed (not very long obviously) the glaring flaws in this game have worn thin on me. this series is the epitome of sweeping problems under the rug.

i've seen a lot of people tip toe around this for the past week or so but i'll come out and say that i feel flat out lied to by the madden devs. straight up there's no way to spin it. if i promise you something and i don't do it then that's a lie. i don't see how that's is debatable. and it's not just one lie there are countless posts on here questioning where features are that were promised to be in the game.

but there are no answers because people are on vacation right? i guess twitter is the only website they can access. i can only speak for myself but if i worked my *** off for a year on something damn if i'm on vacation i'm going to look at the feedback .bottom line is this i understand everything can't be patched but i expect some serious patch work. Madden 10 is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. i've quit every other ea game and Madden is next in line unless they pull a rabbit out the hat. incompetence is one thing, lying is another and i have no patience to accept being lied to.

so what say you? where do you stand? are you still rocking with these guys? do you feel mislead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: As We Wait For These "Bad@$$" Patches Where Do You Stand?

I lean toward feeling misled because some of those blogs simply aren't in the final game, but appreciate the improvement over 09.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I lean toward feeling misled because some of those blogs simply aren't in the final game, but appreciate the improvement over 09.

Hard not to agree, I do feel they need to fix features not working which were promoted in blogs and elsewhere. Truth in advertising and all that.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Lets just call 06-09 the dark ages for EA Sports. The switch to the next gen was terrible for them. But now they are pickin themselves up with NBA Live 10 looking very good, Fight Night was awesome, NHL 10 is gonna be the best, Fifa is also highly rated, and Madden 10 saw major improvements.

And I know people are complaining about stuff from blogs not being in it. But Ive found out that some sliders can get you sideline catches.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Well sorry you feel betrayed but you really shouldn't go around believing everything you read, especially when the person you hear it from has a profit motive, but I'll let you live and learn.

I love how people diss NCAA Football but in reality it's improvements are on the same scale as Madden 10. NOTICE I didnt say which game was better I simply stated their "improvements" were on a similar scale.

I'm convinced that most people who are dissappointed with this game, read the blogs, the ridiculous "Ian is God" posts, saw the marketing hype, etc and then allowed themselves to believe this was going to be the greatest game ever made. Don't get upset now because you let yourself get suckered by the machine. The people behind this game produced exactly what they promised. An improved Madden game. Nothing more nothing less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

let me add that i do agree with you guys that there is definitely an improvement. of course many think they should've already reached this point. i'm one of them.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

cjkool69's Arena

OVR: 3

I havent bought the game yet. I decided to wait it out to see if EA delivered as promise. By reading all the impressions so far, I am glad I made the decision to wait it out. Hopefully, the patches will fix the issues with the OL, the open flats, and the adaptive AI. If not, I guess ill wait until next year.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkool69
Hopefully, the patches will fix the issues with the OL, the open flats, and the adaptive AI. If not, I guess ill wait until next year.
Thats the problem. I know that Ian and those guys were on vacation last week, but after checking Ian's twitter today he made a post over the weekend saying that his vacation starts NOW.

So we have no idea when a patch will be here. I hate waiting, but trying to be patient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »