Home

Surprising gems found in your 'Chise

This is a discussion on Surprising gems found in your 'Chise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Surprising gems found in your 'Chise

Hey guys, thought i'd start a thread asking if anyones found some true talent on their current chise.

I started one with Baltimore, I traded a 1st and 3rd round pick and Kelly Gregg to Denver for Brandon Marshall and Elvis Dumervil.

I converted Trevor Pryce over to Defensive tackle and rotate Jarrett Johnson and Dumervil at LDE (i changed their position), so far JJ is leading the lead in sacks after 7 games (with 11). I also found if you change JJ to a DT he becomes 90 overall with A potential, so i reckon i'll sign him up to a long term deal after the season then switch him to DT and see how he goes.

So found any gems on your roster or in the free agent list?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Surprising gems found in your 'Chise

After going 13-3 and demolishing all my playoff opponents, I started to downsize my roster to clear up some cap space for draft picks and potential free agents in the off season. Turns out only my top 2 picks stayed while the rest got cut. I decided that my WR needed someone new, i traded javon walker and some other guys for a draft pick, and also managed to find Santana Moss in the Free Agency pool. So this means that DHB + Moss = Great year for russel. After 4 games I'm 1-3..****ssel was struggling terribly, so i brought in a recently signed Alex Smith, he had an OK game but still lost. I blame most of it on poor o line play and me.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

traded for lesean mccoy and he's been a beast for me. also picked up free agent henry melton (59ovr) and he has 7 sacks in 8 games. could probably have more if I controlled him every play. lol
Sammie lee hill has also played extremelyy well for his 61 rating I think. something like 5 sacks and tons of tackles in the backfield.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
Icon14 Re: Surprising gems found in your 'Chise

Traded a Second Round Pick, Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams for Brandon Marshall....... Flacco is wacko for his receivers M&M....
Marshall and Mason. Love it when a plan comes together.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Mc Dre
Traded a Second Round Pick, Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams for Brandon Marshall....... Flacco is wacko for his receivers M&M....
Marshall and Mason. Love it when a plan comes together.
THANK YOU. A realistic trade!!!! I'm sick of hearing people who trade for Matthew Stafford and the like.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I thought my trade for Marshall was realistic. Totally agree on m&m too, Flacco is messing up secondaries with those guys, throw in heap and Clayton and the passing game becomes lethal.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Thank you Censor.. I try to stay realistic with it. I feel like Troy is underrated and the height thing is irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, D Will is my man 50 grand 4 real but If I can bring in a B.Marshall and send Troy somewhere he could possibly start, then I feel like I'm looking out for Troy and getting what The Ravens truly need to upgrade the passing game.

Last edited by TT Mc Dre; 08-21-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Mc Dre
Thank you Censor.. I try to stay realistic with it. I feel like Troy is underrated and the height thing is irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, D Will is my man 50 grand 4 real but If I can bring in a B.Marshall and send Troy somewhere he could possible start, then I feel like I'm looking out for Troy and getting what The Ravens truly need to upgrade the passing game.
This is beautiful... if only all madden franchise players spoke this way... God Bless! lol

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »