Home

Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!)

This is a discussion on Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!)

Ok, so after doing testing after testing on how the AI works on this game, I noticed when the cpu qb hikes the ball and you immediately press the turbo button or do the right stick movement, cpu qb goes into panic mode and most times will pass off the back foot if you get near rather than taking a sack or will not move around in the pocket, just dump it as quick as they can.

Well.....I found the solution. First, I tried using a DL and not using the turbo, just the stick movement. CPU acts kind of weird, let's just say out of the ordinary.

Second, tried doing turbo first then stick after hike, cpu goes into full robo mode.

Third, I just let the controls go and let the cpu take over. I noticed cpu racks up yards on me BUT, cpu moves around in the pocket, takes its time and makes passes that make sense.

Well, I combined all of them together. So I started using the LBs a lot. Keep in mind, this is for LB usage. I haven't tested this on the DL yet. I did test it on the DBs and it was too great success as well. it depends on your forte, no matt.

Anyways, the key rule is to follow your defensive patterns. If your at a cover 2 and youre a MLB, make sure he defends that area. BUT DON'T MOVE THE JOYSTICK RIGHT AWAY. Instead, let the AI control the movement for a second or two, then move up manually and defend. Same thing goes for blitz packages. Let the AI move for a second, then move it manually yourself and watch how the game plays like it should.

You will get sacks with anybody. Sometimes manually, sometimes cpu sacks. BUT YOU GET SACKS. It's not unreal either. Sometimes you don't get sacks, but the game plays that much better like real nfl. AI QB moves around the pocket and scans. I can't explain how much more fun it is. You guys will just have to test it yourself and see.

Try it and let me know how it turned out.

fyi I get stats like this with my seahawks

curry: 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 ff
Tutupu: 10 tackles
Hill: 5 tackles, 1 sack
Kerney: 5 tackles 1 sack
Lucas: 8 tackles

etc. Good defensive stats imo. For first timers, use your MlB and do as I suggest. Watch how fun the game turns into.

Last edited by Bulldogs78; 08-20-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Just found a way to create great D vs CPU (No more robo qb!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Ok, so after doing testing after testing on how the AI works on this game, I noticed when the cpu qb hikes the ball and you immediately press the turbo button or do the right stick movement, cpu qb goes into panic mode and most times will pass off the back foot if you get near rather than taking a sack or will not move around in the pocket, just dump it as quick as they can.

Well.....I found the solution. First, I tried using a DL and not using the turbo, just the stick movement. CPU acts kind of weird, let's just say out of the ordinary.

Second, tried doing turbo first then stick after hike, cpu goes into full robo mode.

Third, I just let the controls go and let the cpu take over. I noticed cpu racks up yards on me BUT, cpu moves around in the pocket, takes its time and makes passes that make sense.

Well, I combined all of them together. So I started using the LBs a lot. Keep in mind, this is for LB usage. I haven't tested this on the DL yet. I did test it on the DBs and it was too great success as well. it depends on your forte, no matt.

Anyways, the key rule is to follow your defensive patterns. If your at a cover 2 and youre a MLB, make sure he defends that area. BUT DON'T MOVE THE JOYSTICK RIGHT AWAY. Instead, let the AI control the movement for a second or two, then move up manually and defend. Same thing goes for blitz packages. Let the AI move for a second, then move it manually yourself and watch how the game plays like it should.

You will get sacks with anybody. Sometimes manually, sometimes cpu sacks. BUT YOU GET SACKS. It's not unreal either. Sometimes you don't get sacks, but the game plays that much better like real nfl. AI QB moves around the pocket and scans. I can't explain how much more fun it is. You guys will just have to test it yourself and see.

Try it and let me know how it turned out.
That sounds a lot like how I play defense. I have gotten sacks playing with the Chiefs defense. As you all know, they set an NFL record for fewest sacks in a season with 10 sacks in 2008. I have gotten 6 sacks against the Raiders. I have also recorded 3 sacks against the Chargers and Browns.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Jesus Christ. So much for user control.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28
That sounds a lot like how I play defense. I have gotten sacks playing with the Chiefs defense. As you all know, they set an NFL record for fewest sacks in a season with 10 sacks in 2008. I have gotten 6 sacks against the Raiders. I have also recorded 3 sacks against the Chargers and Browns.

HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL US ABOUT THIS DUDE?!

All this time, I was getting mad because I couldn't get no damn sacks or even some pressure without the QB panicking and throwing off the back foot, but I think this is a loophole in the programming but it's a good one because it actually creates a better game. And with the broadcast cam coming out and with these defensive tactics, omg, I'm going to have no life whatsoever for this whole damn year, possibly until the next.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Sounds like you might be onto something. Hopefully they sticky this.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
Jesus Christ. So much for user control.
Its easier than it sounds. just take your mlb, move him around however before the snap but make sure it's not after or else you will have to move him manually period.

But lets say cover 2 buc. Your mlb is going to play zone and will go back peddle up. Let him do that for a split second, then manually control him around that zone. DON'T GO AWAY FROM THAT AREA. Just cover that area, make sure no receivers go there, if they do, you know what to do with him. don't change players either!

Watch how much pressure your dl creates and how the qb moves in the pocket. GOOD STUFF.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Its easier than it sounds. just take your mlb, move him around however before the snap but make sure it's not after or else you will have to move him manually period.

But lets say cover 2 buc. Your mlb is going to play zone and will go back peddle up. Let him do that for a split second, then manually control him around that zone. DON'T GO AWAY FROM THAT AREA. Just cover that area, make sure no receivers go there, if they do, you know what to do with him. don't change players either!

Watch how much pressure your dl creates and how the qb moves in the pocket. GOOD STUFF.
OK well good find, and this isn't directed at you (more EA), but that is ********. I shouldn't have to do that to get a good pass rush.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
OK well good find, and this isn't directed at you (more EA), but that is ********. I shouldn't have to do that to get a good pass rush.

i know what you mean. Trust me. But I just want people to enjoy their game. At first, I was stoked. Then after I got it, I was like eh. But then after testing it over and over, i think I found the solution to it all.

Just think of it as your playing the mlb or lolb or rolb or whoever you want it to be and do your job in defense, after a split second or two. The results will be satisfying. You can even get user controlled picks, sacks and tackles. I'm trying to figure out how to do videos on youtube with this so once I get that going, i will give you guys a visual aid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »